Chapter 22: GABE!

So I didn't have a picture to put on top to match the chapter title because I want you guys to imagine Gabe in your minds!

Chapter 22: GABE!
"Shop til we drop," Layla exclaimed as she explained to my mom what we're doing today.

"I swear you have an addiction to shopping," I tell her as I roll my eyes.

I haven't told Layla about what Aiden said the night before. What was the big deal? I don't have to tell everything, I'm used to not telling everything.

Layla wanted to go out today with the boys, and even though I completely disagreed with her choice she's still making me go. She wanted to go shopping but I'm sure boys don't like shopping that much.

"And the boys are fine with this?" mom asks with a smile on her face. She loved Layla. Mom and dad haven't been around lately but I understand why it's been a while since they've gone on a trip so I'm letting them hang out with anyone as long as they want.

"Well Daniel said he'd go," Layla replied popping a grape in her mouth, "and Gabe said as long as he gets a stuffed animal he would," she continued after finishing chewing the grape, "and Aiden..." she trailed off with a 'not so good' look on her face.

Mom and I burst out into laughter.

"Aiden would never go shopping," I tell her as I wipe a fake tear from my eye.

"I f*cking hate you guys," Aiden murmured in the car.

"You'll love it. It's good to go shopping," Layla cheered to him.

"I don't even know you," he scoffed.

I ignored their conversation and started shifting uncomfortably in the seat.

The mattress I've been sleeping on is terrible. It feels like I'm sleeping on the floor instead of a mattress...well I am sleeping on the floor.

We made it to the mall a little afternoon and got out of the car to shop...well to watch Layla shop.

"Jeez this mall is HUGE," she said as we walked towards the big white mall.

"I'll race you guys there," Gabe said with a child-like smirk.

He zoomed off and Layla removed her heels and followed after him. Daniel was questioning if he would rather stay with us or them. He was running in the next second. We're not that bad.

I didn't want to run and I'm guessing Aiden didn't want to either so it was just us two left walking. Should I talk about the haunted house incident? Or the bedroom incident? Ugh, there's not a thing to talk about...right?

"Nice mall huh?" I replied with a forced chuckle. He turned to me and anger filled up in him. He ignored my question and walked further ahead leaving me behind.

"Well f*ck you too," I scoff.

We finished our shopping and picked out really cute clothes. Well, Layla said my clothes were ugly. I bought a pair of baggy blue jeans, I found a cute green silk crop top and a green matching bucket hat. Layla picked out 3 dresses and 2 shirts. I'm surprised she stopped at just 3 dresses, must be a world record.

We stopped at the food court and all decided to grab some food. We all decided on pizza and split two large ones among the 5 of us.

"No way," Layla said with a mouth full of pizza in her mouth.

Layla was sitting next to me and the three boys were sitting on the other side of the table. I was already stuffed but the others weren't.

"What?" Aiden, Daniel, and Gabe ask in unison.

I wanted to talk to but I was too stuff so I just waited for her response.

"Heaven isn't that Mason," Layla geeked as she quickly wiped her pizza oil lips with a napkin. She wiped her hands off with the oil and pointed towards the direction of the fro yo station.

"No way," I reply in shock. Was it just me or did he seem a little cuter?

Aiden, Daniel, and Gabe turned to see who Mason was. I'm guessing they don't pay much attention to new students.

"Who's this Mason guy?" Aiden asks a little irritated.

Here he goes. Letting his anger out with every word he spoke.

"Masons my future-" Layla started before seeing Daniel turn to listen to the ending of her sentence.

"Friend," I fill in her for her with a forced smile.

"Oh, well invite him over," Gabe said cheerily.

"Gabe," Aiden and Daniel said irritatingly in unison.

"What?" he said confused.

"You're right Gabe we should invite him over," I reply with a mysterious smile.

I get up from my chair and walk over to the fro-yo station.

"Hi Mason," I say kindly with a small smile. His brown hair was pushed back and his brown eyes looked lighter than the last time I saw him. He still had his braces in and he was checking out what fruits to add to his frozen yogurt.

"Oh, hey Heaven," he replied with a small chuckle.

He knows my name? I mean I know we had a class together but I didn't expect him to know my name.

"I was wondering if you wanted to join us. Doesn't seem like you're with anyone at the moment," I say as I look around him to see if anyone was near him.

"Uh, you know what? Why not." he shrugged as he quickly paid for his frozen yogurt and walked with me back to the table.

He sat next to me but his face quickly looked horrified and he got up and sat next to Layla. Okay...weird.

"Malcolm...my mannn," Gabe said as he took a sip of his coke.

"It's Mason," I whispered to Gabe silently so no one would hear.

"What Heaven?" he said out loud. If I could just gladly unscrew his head and insert a brain into it I would gladly do so.

"So what're you doing around here Mason?" Daniel asked confused. He was right, how is Mason here.

"My family owns a lakehouse by here," he replied before shoving a spoonful of frozen yogurt into his mouth.

How many lake houses are around here?

"You should come over to ours," Layla said while twirling her blonde hair with her index finger. She had her other hand faced up to rest her chin. She wasn't even gazing at Mason it's like she was about to eat the man.

"My mom wouldn't like that," Aiden finally spoke. I looked up to see that he was eyeing Mason. Those cold eyes now looked like they were about to murder Mason.

"Um, you know it's fine," I quickly said to Mason.

"Yeah he can just come to mine," Gabe said happily.

"GABE!" Daniel yelled at him.

"Cool, what time?" Mason asked as he stood up.

"Uh, 7:30. We're playing a game," Gabe answered as he wrote down his Lakehouse address and handed it to Mason.

"Byeeee Masonnn," Layla said as she watched him walk out.

"Girl stop staring he's going to think you like him for his ass," I tell her as I turn her face around.

Ouuuu Mason is in townnnn!

Think of all the drama. Can't wait : )

Comment and vote!