Chapter 28: His affect on me

Mason stepped towards me with the glamorous set of flowers that were clenched in his hands.

A smile set on his face as he arrived 3 feet away from me, "I heard you were sick so I brought you some flowers," he said with his raspy voice.

I had to admit I grinned like an idiot when he said that.

I took the flowers from his hand and inhaled them.

I looked back up at his brown eyes that reminded me of rich and soft chocolate. I was allergic to chocolate but I hoped Mason wouldn't become my allergy.

"I love it," I said as I wiped my nose, "I wish I could smell it but the color is enough to admire it for me."

He laughed and examined to Aiden. There was an unnatural expression on Aidens face.

"Hey man, hope the eye is getting better," Mason said with a kind smile as he patted him on the shoulder.

"You knew about his eye?" I asked Mason stunned as I turned to face him.

A grin played on his face, "He didn't tell you?" Mason asked as he sucked on the cut on his lip.

"Shut the f*ck up," Aiden replied harshly before walking away and coughing. I watched him walk into the kitchen, the resentment in his walk making it obvious something occurred.

I gave Mason an unsettled look hoping he would tell me what's wrong but he assured me it was nothing.

I walked over to the dining table making sure to keep my distance from the others. The table had folded papers that had words on them.

Assigned seats? Seriously?

Aiden and I were forced to sit next to each other because we were both sick. We brought an extra chair and Mason sat in front of me which meant, Layla would be seated in front of Aiden and next to Daniel. And Gabe would be seated next to me and Mason on the head chair.

I was already seated and so was Mason. I had no clue where Aiden had gone off to yet I urged to find out.

I heard Mason clear his throat and he adjusted his leather jacket, "So Heaven how'd you get sick?" he asked as he rested his elbows on the table, his brown wavy hair now slicked out of his face.

I felt the shivers run down my spine as I recalled last night, the way Aiden clasped my waist gently, the way we softly planted our lips onto one another, the whiff of his cologne that I urged to smell again.

How did he do this to me? I despised Aiden, I had to.

I wiped my nose before thinking of a fib to tell, "I think Aiden got me sick last night, we stayed up late playing board games," I lied as I shifted in my seat.

He eyed me oddly and I felt tense up.

"You were with Aiden all night last night?" he asked as he fiddled with the utensils next to him.

"Well no he left, but you know before that I was," I said feeling my throat clog up. Lying to a boy this sweet and kind were too difficult and I loathed it.

I watched as his hand slowly moved to mine, cupping his over my own, "Well I hope you get better," he said while grazing his thumb on my palm, that coldness of his hand affecting mine.

I smiled at him and watched his braces show as he smiled too, the dimples on his cheeks forming.

"When you get better...I would like to take you out," he said as he traced over me with his chocolate brown eyes.

I sneezed, "I-" I started before he interrupted me.

"I promise you, it will be worth it," he whispered in a raspy tone.