Chapter 33: Aiden

Chapter 33: Aiden

Mason and I wait at the door. Gabe wanted me to invite Mason in after the date so I agreed to it. I knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer.

The door opened and Gabe was standing there with an angry expression on his face.

He had on his normal oversized shirts and brown khakis, a beanie was placed on the top of his head as he furrowed his eyebrows angrily at us.

"Heaven Gigoana Jones!" he says angrily as he crosses his arms.

"That's not even my-" I start but he cuts me off.

"Uh uh uh," he says as he waves his hand in front of my face, "I don't want to hear your little excuses."

I roll my eyes and decided to let him do his acting scene.

"And you young man!" he says as he points to Mason.

"You had the balls- wait dads don't say that," he turns around, his back facing us.

"You had the nerve!" he says as he turns back to face us, "to bring my daughter home 40 minutes late!"

Mason chuckles and I let out a small laugh.

"You won't be laughing when I whoop that ass little girl," he says as he stared at me wide-eyed.

I quickly silence myself.

"Sorry, dad." I murmured while looking down at the floor.

I hear someone else's footsteps come.

Can they let us in? I'm freezing.

Daniel pokes his head out beside Gabe who still furrows his eyebrows together furiously.

"Well, well, well, look who decided to stop the banging and come hangin," Daniel said while he looked at both of us.

I looked at Mason and we both rolled our eyes.

"Can we go inside it's cold," I muttered as I rubbed my arms up and down.

I'm not about to catch another cold.

"Fine but if I find out your pregnant im cutting his-"

"GABE!" I yell shockingly as I slap his back head.

"I was kidding." he murmured.

We went inside and all sat down on the couches. Gabe brought us beverages and snacks while we talked about our successful date.

Aiden walked in the room and it went kind of silent but Layla quickly picked the conversation back up as he took a seat.

He eyed me from the corner. Licking his lips slowly.

I looked away biting my bottom lip and focused on what Gabe was saying.

"-so I was like let me see the boobies. Then she called my mom on me. Damn, I hate first grade," he said sighing.

We all looked at each other and looked at him oddly.

Kids definitely not okay.

About twenty minutes later we all got bored.

"UNO!" Layla screams.

"Layla you have two cards in your hand," I say as I point to the cards held in her grip.

"Doesn't uno mean two in Spanish?" she asked.

"No." Aiden said giving her a deadpan look.

Mason was seated on one of the couches with me. Layla and Daniel, we're seated on the other couch to my right, and Aiden and Gabe we're seated to the couch on the left of Mason.