Chapter 41: A Summer With Him

I watched his breathing slowly pace, up and down, up and down. His eyes were closed and
his long dark eyelashes looked more noticeable.

I picked up my finger slowly and traced the tattoo that was shown on his bare chest. Slowly dragging my finger to the outline of the ink.

I felt his hand rest upon mine and I looked up to see him awake.

"Just can't get enough of me that you have to touch me even when I sleep, hm?" he said in a really low voice with a small smirk.

He turned his body towards me so he wasn't laying on his back anymore but laying on his side.

"Mhm, " I smiled as I watched his hand rub small circles on my shoulder.

I loved taking fifteen-minute naps with Aiden, it made me wake up to him in a deep slumber and he was always cute like that.

"Have you talked to your mom?" he asks in worry.

"I will, I promise. But right now I just want to be here, relaxed and calm, with you."

He moved closer towards me and wrapped his arms around me, letting me lean into his chest.

"I love you, " I whispered.

"What did you say, love?" Aiden asked.

"Nothing, go to sleep, " I said with a smile.

*~*~*~*~*~*~

I laughed to myself at how stupid Layla
sounded.

"What girl? Isn't ten times ten...one thousand?"

"Were juniors for God's sake Layla how do you not know this?" I said through the phone as I rested my leg on Aiden's.

"I'll solve this myself, how's everything over there?" she asked me.

I lied and explained to her that everything was fine. I can't worry her about something she can't fix, it took me a while to explain to Gabe and Daniel about my brother and Ashton but they caught on.

"Mom I'm on the phone!" she yelled.

"Ugh I have to go, seems like my mom didn't take her medication today, talk about crazy, " she laughed before hanging up.

I smiled at that and breathed out resting my phone down on the table.

"Can you believe summer is over?" I ask Aiden as I sit further up on the bed, resting my back on his bedboard.

He put his hand on my thigh, squeezing lightly before looking me in the eyes, "I guess we can say summer was our best moments, hm?" he sighed.

"What happens to us? We're seniors next year, what would we be when we get back to school?" I ask him while twirling the rings on my fingers.

I was nervous to ask him this question but I was just so curious. Aiden's profile at school was much bigger than here, he had every girl wrapped around the tip of his finger.

I love him, I really do, but was this just a summer fling to him?

I was praying the answer was no, hoping he was going to hold my hand the first day we enter those doors.

"Well, " he breathed in deeply, "You would be my girlfriend and I would be your boyfriend. That is how relationships work, no?" he asked amused by my question.

I smiled at his answer and rested my hand over his veiny large ones.

"I'm going to talk to her today, " I told him as I closed my eyes.