Chapter 12: Flipped off

I quickly walked out of the lake house feeling their eyes on me. I quickly glance my eyes around and spot my bag sitting on the floor.

I quickly grab it and start pacing my way outside, the small rocks that scattered the floor fly as my flip flops come intact with the ground.

I take out my sweats and apply them then my hoodie next. I only brought flip flops so I hiked with those, small discomfort from the gravel tormenting my feet.

God, where am I going!?

I know I came in the same car as the guys but I could walk. Right? A 40-minute drive is like an hour walk. Jeez, I can't even make it past a 10-minute walk without getting tired.

I start walking down the pathway that led to the highway we came from. My eyes shifting from the floor to the sky as I rethink about what had happened.

I wasn't ready to discuss my life. I hated conversing about my life. What most people didn't realize is that Layla was my best friend because she admired talking a lot so that meant she didn't expect me to talk about my troubles. Of course, there were moments when I come to school gloomy or when she catches me at my miserable moments she checks in, but of course, I tell her a small fib. I didn't like lying to Layla but I didn't want her sorrow, I didn't want her to look at me differently if I told her what happened.
I've never shared the incident with anyone and I don't ever plan on it. That incident was the reason I couldn't cherish anymore, talking about it will just shatter me down.

I made it to the high way we drove on and started walking on the near left side making sure to stay away from the road. The clouds in the sky became a slight tint of grey and I dismissed it. I kept my eyes up and walked ahead, glancing behind me every time to make sure there wasn't a killer.

When that incident happened it changed my life forever, it changed my mom's and my dad's especially. We were now a lying family, brushing off any questions as we go and trying to look as pleased as possible. I was sick and tired of it, of pretending like I wasn't suffering, like there wasn't this knife glued in my back I had to pull out. I wanted to talk to someone, I urged to. But I never established the courage.

Unexpectedly the sound and breeze of a car passed by me and halted a couple of feet ahead.

I examined the car but couldn't think of who's it could be. Was it my dad's car? Was it Welmas? My brain couldn't filter my memory and I let the panic altogether take over my whole body.

Here's the day, I'm getting kidnapped. I could already sense it, the sleeping powder being loaded into my mouth, the burning of my wrists as I tried to release my hands from the light brown rope.

Should I flee? Should I hide in a bush? Instead, I just stood there frozen, frightened.

GOD HEAVEN MOVE!

I saw the door of the car deliberately open and I felt my heartbeat quicken in fear, the sweat on my palms increasing by the instant. The kidnapper appeared out of the car and I sighed with comfort realizing it was only Aiden. Then groaned annoyed acknowledging...it was Aiden. Stalker mode much.

He walked out of the car and started strolling towards me. His hair swiftly shifting every step from the slight wind that was released in the atmosphere. He was only wearing a shirt and I was surprised he hadn't even thought of bringing a jacket. His blue eyes clung onto mine as he walked nearer to me, his legs shifting slowly.

"Where are you going?" he asked as he reached up to me, I looked into his blue shadowed eyes that looked more passionate in the cold air.

I ignored his comment and turned around, walking the other way. Yet that didn't stop him from walking beside me, his speed intensifying to the same as mine like it was nothing.