Chapter 30: I miss

Chapter 30: I miss

                        Aiden's POV
I sat back on the stool as I scanned her go from place to place instantly. She was clenching a black pot filled with green beans and placed it on the stove. She rapidly grabbed a cloth and opened the oven checking on the chicken she had placed there earlier.

"I still don't think you can cook," I said as she ran to the fridge glimpsing for something.

She turned to face me and rested a hand on her hip, "Let me wack you in the head with this pan then let's see what you try to think about."

I smirked and watched as she faced back to the fridge, her hands roaming everywhere.

She was wearing an oversized yellow duck hoodie and had on black shorts. Her shiny brown legs were revealed to me and her long curls were placed into a messy bun on top of her head. I watched as her brown eyes skimmed through the drawers now.

We've been taking the competition seriously. We got to know basic things about each other and as much as I wanted to hate every second of talking with her I didn't. She was different. She took my jokes, she listened.

She stated that she knew how to cook a good homemade meal and I was hungry so I told her she can't cook. Now she's, what she likes to call it, "proving me wrong".

Other than that I can't f*cking get what I'm feeling. I don't enjoy this feeling.

But the feeling I didn't like most was when I saw Mason around.

At our boxing match, he had won, and I never lose. He was way more active and looked a little insane to me. I could see the power of his steroids in his eyes. But, I didn't say anything. I wanted to get angry that night and winning wouldn't have made me angry.

I recalled the right hook he threw bruising my eye. The pain stung like a b*tch but it pressured me to f*ck his lip up.

That wasn't the only reason I hated since he had started to hang out with us.

I didn't like him around Heaven. I don't know why, it's not like I have any feelings towards her.

My ass.

I didn't like the fact they would be going on a date. Maybe it's just because I didn't like Mason, no other reason.

What I hated most was the fact I missed her in my room.

Miss...such a stupid word to say.

I miss having to wake her up from those nightmares. Was she doing okay in her own room now?

I miss seeing her in my shirts.

Why the f*ck did I miss that?

I never felt this way towards anyone. There was Trisha of course but when I met her I didn't feel this urge. This urge to kiss her lips every time she talked.

I hated these emotions she put on me, and as far away I try to avoid or run from her, she always pulls me back in.

I knew she felt the same, I saw it in her eyes. How her chest would start to breathe up and down quicker when I spoke to her. How she forced herself to not stare at me.

She's just like any other girl Aiden. These emotions mean nothing.

Right.

"Dinner is served b*tch," she said as she placed a plate in front of me and sat down on the stool across from me.

She had a smile on her face like she was a little kid. Her smile.

I looked down at the plate in front of me. There were mash potatoes, green beans, and roasted chicken. A loaf of bread was placed on the side that she had gotten from the fridge to top it off.