Chapter 11:Her secret

Chapter 11: Her secret

                     *AIDEN'S POV*
I didn't feel like swimming in the lake. I didn't have the energy to move my legs and arms after last night. I didn't sleep a bit. I could even feel my eyelids slowly fall every time.

I remember the hits like they were nothing. I smirked as the images from last night came back.

I heard the bathroom door down the hall open, must be Heaven. I closed my eyes and laid back on the couch trying to at least sleep or even rest my body.

I heard her sandals echo louder as she came closer to the living room, "Hey, Gabe wouldn't mind if I placed my bag here right?" her annoying familiar voice asked. I rolled my eyes back and sat up to see her.

She was wearing a yellow bathing suit that brought out the color of her light brown smooth skin. Any color matched on her if I was being honest.

I flashed those thoughts away and shook my head to her question, she took her light brown caramel-colored eyes away from mine and placed her black bag down. I watched as she walked to the sliding door, her bouncy curls moving each step she took. She suddenly wasn't visible to me anymore and I turned back to face the ceiling.

She seemed so quiet. So closed out. She didn't look at me like other girls and I wondered why. Every girl I've ever met treated me like a king and I hated it, but why wouldn't she look at me as one.

She didn't talk about herself much but then also I've never really talked to her. I don't plan on it either. I know girls tricks, they enter in and slowly take your heart then disappear without returning it. Love is fake. It's a word that was made up by somebody random, a word that is given too much credit for its untruthful meaning.

I breathed in and rested my head back on the leather couch, my arms supporting my head. I felt my eyelids slowly close, letting me drift away to sleep.

I woke up to the sound of laughter. I stretched my arms out and rubbed my eyes.

I sat myself up and fixed my hair a little, the thickness feeling of my locks rubbing against my hands, I heard the laugher again and looked towards the kitchen.

Daniel, Gabe, and Heaven all sat together at the counter snacking on fruits. There was a bowl put in the middle, it was filled with grapes, strawberries, pineapples, mangos, oranges, and cantaloupe. I stood up and walked over to them, intrigued as to what they were talking about.

They all glanced over at me and a smile appeared on Daniel's face. They were all wrapped in towels. Heaven's hair was soaked and the water still dripped on her shoulders. Daniel's red eyes have now disappeared and he seemed completely fine and Gabe's hair held the water in his curls just like Heavens.

"What are you all laughing about?" I asked tiredly eyeing Daniel as I sat down in the seat next to Gabe which meant Heaven sat across from me. She was fiddling with the rings on her fingers.

When no one answered she rolled her eyes and popped a grape in her mouth before speaking, "Gabriel was just telling me about the time when you peed your pants." she said before laughing.

I don't know why but I felt the need to smile after her laugh. I didn't though. I didn't like that feeling, feeling the need to do something because of a girl.

"Yeah well I was young," I replied slightly annoyed as I glared at her caramel eyes. I swear Gabe would've shared my business with the whole world if he f*cking could.

"Mood killer alert!" Daniel said in an echoed tone as his hands cupped the outer part of his mouth to make him sound louder

I rolled my eyes and grabbed an orange from the table, slowly peeling it. The scent of it intoxicated my nose, I have the smell of oranges but the flavor was promising.

It went quiet for a while before Daniel spoke up, "So, Heaven we've only been talking about ourselves. Tell us about you." he said normally as he grabbed a pineapple and put it in his mouth.

I stared at my orange still, concentrating on peeling it correctly and not getting the juice on my hands. The room went silent and I looked up from my orange to wait for her to say something. I'm sure all of us were waiting. She tucked a piece of her slightly soaked hair behind her ear and gulped. She looked up at all of us and her caramel eyes darted from me to Daniel to Gabe.

I set my orange down at the table suddenly more invested in why she was acting mysteriously. I wrapped my arms over one another and sat up, waiting for her to at least cough.

She cleared bee throat and started to fiddle with those rings on her finger again, "Uh...nothing really. I have a boring life," she said laughing awkwardly. I noticed her leg under the table started to move up and down quickly.

She has a secret.

I glared at her mysteriously and the second her eyes met mine she quickly broke eye contact.

Dane and Gabe gave each other a look and Gabe turned back to her. They obviously couldn't tell she wasn't comfortable with speaking about herself, "Oh come on. Your life can't be that boring. You got any siblings?" Gabe asked her after he swallowed the piece of cantaloupe he was chewing on.

I turned my head away from Gabe and back to her, waiting for her reaction. She looked uneasy, her brown eyes looked as if they stung uncontrollably and a tear was about to drop.

She was hesitating but Daniel and Gabe couldn't see it, only I could, I knew the most about hesitation, about not being able to let people in.

What was she hiding?

She looked around the room quickly, "I just remembered that I have this summer homework I have to- uh- do," she replied in a fake sad tone before getting up from her seat.

Daniel and Gabe both held a sad expression and waved bye to her as she grabbed her bag from the floor and walked out in her bathing suit.

I wanted to go find her. This showed me I had something to do this summer, I had a mystery to solve, she was my mystery.

Then again I'm not nice, so me going to help Heaven getting home was like Gordom Ramsy letting me, a terrible cook, make his dinner.

She did remember she came with us right? How'd she expected to get home?

"She's chill," Daniel said as he pulled a cigarette out from his pocket. He brought it to his slightly purple lips from all the smoking he does and inhaled. The smoke left his mouth and covered the air around us.

"Yeah," Gabe said with a smile as he stood up from the stool and walked over to the couch.

How did none of them remember we were her ride home? It was 6:30 at night, damn she stayed for long.

I didn't like that, I didn't like that fact she stayed for so long with Daniel and Gabe in a lake. But why didn't I like that? Why did I even care?

That's the chapter! This one was short so I'll post the next one tomorrow! What do you think happened to Heaven?

Vote and comment!