Chapter 23: Fell out of love

"So what do you want to know," Daniel asked me as he itched a part of his arm that was covered with a tattoo. It was a snake with an arrow through the mouth, the venom shooting up. Gross.

Daniel, Gabe, and I were all sitting in Gabe's kitchen waiting for Mason and Aiden to come. Layla was still getting ready upstairs. She's felt so comfortable moving into this lake house and she's only been here for a day.

I haven't really talked to Gabe and Daniel as much. I mean I knew them but we didn't really have a friendship. They were just kinda there.

I wanted to know them better. I wanted to know their lives. That sounds creepy. It's just that I felt like we've been doing so many things together but I didn't know much about them. I guess all that time I spend yelling and arguing with Aiden kind of misguided us from really getting to know each other.

"Well...anything," I told them as I sat down and took a bite of my tortilla chip.

"Well, I'm Gabriel. People call me Gabe. Uh, Aiden and I have been best friends since we were little. And Daniel and I recently started to become best friends. Don't tell Aiden," he whispered the last part, "My favorite colors blue. I feel like the more I see the sky the more alive I am with the world. People see me as a goofball but it's just my nature. I have great beautiful abs and all the ladies love me," he ended while laying back in his seat triumphantly.

"Yeah, you lost me at the last part," I giggled. How did I not realize this before? Gabe was a dog for adventures. He loved exploring new things. He was the only one who actually watched Good Girls with me. There wasn't a bad side of him that I saw. He only had a goofy side. Sometimes he would be mesmerizing but other than that I didn't really find him that attractive. Okay, he was a little attractive.

Daniel smirked after my response and breathed in before starting.

He shifted his blonde hair back and cracked his pale knuckles.

"Well, there's not much to know about me, Heaven. I moved to this school not too long ago. My parents had problems so they divorced and decided that neither of them wanted me. I grew up in foster care. I wasn't loved by anyone. I used to be this nerdy boy that everyone found weird because that's what my foster parents wanted me to be...this-this smart boy who will end up at Harvard. By the time I turned 17, I couldn't take it anymore, I just couldn't wait another year. I ran away from my foster home. I didn't know where I was going but I ran. It took the police about 6 days to find me, I was staying on the streets. They found out there that I actually could have another guardian...my grandmother. So after a couple of weeks of her fighting for me from my past foster parents, she got custody of me. She taught me to love and what a family was like. She let me do whatever I want and wanted me to grow up how I wanted too. I got my first tattoo a week after I moved in with her and they became my new style. I moved to Canyon High and I've met the best people there. My story isn't as mesmerizing as Gabes but it's my story," he sighed as he looked away. His green eyes trying their best to not let him drop a tear.

I never knew any of that. I guess sometimes other people really do have a story...we just have to ask.

"I never knew that. You're so strong," I reply with a warm smile as I reach for his hand and cup them in mine.

"Hey, why does he get to hold your hand?" Gabe whined.

"Shut up," Daniel and I said in unison.

I removed my hand from Daniels and sat back in the chair. The room went silent. A pin drop would be the loudest thing we would hear right now.