Chapter 9: The necklace

How was your morning today :)?

Chapter 9: The necklace
It was Tuesday night and I wanted to go for a swim in the lake. I always had the urge to swim at night when I couldn't sleep. The water was the only thing that could calm me down.

I climbed out of bed as quietly as possible, trying my best to not let Aiden hear me. I walked over to the sandals in the corner, my bare feet reacting quickly to the carpet's cold feeling.

I put on my sandals and walked into the bathroom. The countertop was a white granite and the walls were painted with a tinted gray. I rested my hands on the bathroom counter, retrieving myself back to reality.

After changing into my bathing suit and braiding my curly hair, which took forever, I walked downstairs quietly, cringing at the creaks of the floorboard.

I slowly opened the sliding door and the cold breeze hit my face, I smiled at the feeling of the wind. I spotted the lake, the beautiful blue water that was enhanced to make a person want more. I step onto the wet grass and felt myself lower at each step. I walk onto the deck, the mud from before wiping off and take off my sandals.

I stand at the very edge of the deck, I turn my back to face back to the lake house and my back facing the water I urged to feel. I closed my eyes slowly and let my body fall back, gravity choosing for me. I groan with happiness as the feeling of the water makes contact with my skin.

I let my mind clear itself from its stress and let my legs and arms slightly rest as the cold liquid I swam in took control of my body. I rested my head back, floating.

The sky looked so beautiful at night.

I let my hair deepen into the pool and my satisfied face rest above the water.

I breathed in the fresh air of trees and the lingering smell of berries. I lifted my hand to clasp the necklace on my neck as I daze at the night moon.

I felt my hand clasp onto nothing and tried grabbing my necklace again. I rested myself up from floating in the water and felt panic enter my body. I touch every inch of my neck and felt nothing there.

My eyes darted towards the water around me in fear. I can't lose that damn necklace.

Do jewelry float in water when you lose them? I try to think of the time Kim K lost her earrings and how Kylie got them but my mind was filled with too much.

Think Heaven think.

I took the risk and dived all the way deep under the lake, I felt at least a tiny bit of my oxygen disappear as I swam further down. I didn't know how deep the lake's water was but it was deep.

I was used to opening my eyes underwater so that didn't bother me, but it was also night time so I couldn't see anything. Once I reached the bottom I stretched both of my arms out trying to touch anything that was on the rusted lake floor. The feeling of rocks and dirt hit my fingertips and I groaned irritated.

I felt the panic in me increase even more when I realized me holding my breath would soon not be able to last for a long time.

I shook my hands everywhere quickly.

Is that a watch?

I ignored it and felt my necklace that was placed to the side of the watch, all the stress left my body as I clung tightly onto the fragile thing. That necklace meant everything to me.

As I removed my hand from the underground surface I tried to swim back up, I felt a tug at my foot and I hissed at the pain. I look down to see my foot stuck in between something. I bent down and tried to remove the object but it was too heavy. Why the hell was something more than 20 pounds down here?