Chapter 27: Flowers

Chapter 27: Flowers
I awoke the next morning with the urge to go back to sleep and never wake up again.

The scene from last night kept replaying in my head like a song that I've listened to for the 10th time.

Why did I kiss him? Why did he kiss me?

I had an excuse, what was his? I mean, I kissed him for empathy. That was all. We were both caught up in the moment. We were sad and hopeless, nothing else.

I still wanted to speak to him about it. To discuss what we do next. There's still a whole other month I have to spend with him before going back home and I can't avoid him for that long.

Last night he left so hastily, Daniel following behind him. I didn't know where he was going but the fumes that lit in his blue eyes told me to not inquire.

Other than my drama-filled summer that I specifically said I'd rather avoid, I spent the night in Layla's room. I did yearn to go home but then recalled the room I'll be going home to is Aiden's.

Layla of course asked me why I was freezing wet and why I was foolish enough to swim this late. I'm guessing she didn't see Aiden in wet close last night or else she would've quickly put the pieces together.

"Morning sleepyhead," she announced walking in the room as I rested my head in my hands. I looked up at her to see her wearing a pink skirt and blouse that adequately matched her bright pink heels. She had her blonde hair in a ponytail that was furthermore put into a braid. She wore a pearl necklace and the mascara she applied looked bolder than usual. Her light brown sun-colored eyes popped out as she saw me.

"Wow you look terrible," she whispered in a surprised tone as she tilted her head to stare at me.

Aiden.

"I think I'm sick," I told her, my voice coming out as raspy. I wiped my nose with Gabe's hoodie. He let me borrow it since I had nothing else to wear. I wore a pair of Layla shorts underneath.

"Well that's because you decided to go swimming late at night," she scoffed as she crossed her arms over each other. Her blouse slightly wrinkling.

I looked at her with my tired eyes, "I'll be fine, it's just a minor cold," I told her as I removed the comfortable sheets off of my cold legs and stood up. I slightly fell back onto the bed and groaned annoyed.

"Yeah, just a minor cold," she whispered mocking me. I glared at her and her brown sunny eyes faced away from mine.

"I'll take care of you, just-" she said as she tried her best to not touch me or come near me. She held a disgusted look on her face and threw me a box of tissues that was placed on top of her drawer in the left corner.

She came close to me and started to put the blanket back onto me. I felt in the mood to mess with her so I faked a cough.

"OH MY GOD," she gasped as she quickly backed away and started whining like a 3-year-old, "This is my new blouse," she said as she stomped her heels on the ground and started to pout.

I started to laugh before I sneezed a couple of times.

"GABE!" she yelled in horror as she walked out of the room.

I laid my head back on the bed board and spent my time thinking. Life was an odd thing, it threw these random things at you and expected you to catch them easily. The moment you miss it, the moment it's over.

I spent at least 15 minutes slightly resting and hadn't heard from Layla since she walked out.

I heard the door from downstairs open and the muffle of people chatting. I had the urge to go down and check but I felt too sick to get even get up.