Chapter 36: Knocked out

"So? Is he coming?" Layla asked me while I walked over to Daniel's car which she was leaning on. She had her arms crossed and her head hung to the left while she waited for me to answer.

I sighed before answering, "No."

She stood up straight and a curious expression played on her face.

"No? I thought you said-"

"I know what I said, it's just that Aiden thinks that it's not a big deal," I tell her as we come face to face. I lean my shoulder on the car like her and cross my arms.

I didn't trust this. I know Aiden is this stronger guy than Mason but it wasn't about the strength. It was about mindset. I mean Mason had the complete balls to lie about his sexuality only to please himself, Aiden would never do that. Mason had a mind of a psychopath, just like Asthon.

Well, he wasn't as bad as Ashton. Ashton was way more crazier, he killed my brother.

Nothing can top that.

Other than that I just don't trust Mason. I mean how could I? I opened up to him about Aiden and he sat there and smiled, pretending like he wasn't affected by it. I never really knew him, we only met three times and yet he was mad that I liked someone else.

I was nervous about Aiden. I know that he would do anything in his power to protect me but the question is what would happen to me if he lost that power.

"Ladies, I got backstage passes, " a voice said interrupting my thoughts.

I learned off the car and looked behind me at Gabe who held four rectangle-shaped cards. Daniel was walking behind him, glancing around before lifting a cigarette to his lips.

"Backstage passes?" I asked confused as he stopped in front of us with a big smile on his face.

Daniel caught up and stopped in front of Layla before his eyes went wide. I turned to look at Layla who held a mad look on her face and knew exactly what was happening.

"DANIEL IF YOU SMOKE ONE MORE TIME I WILL TAKE THAT CIGARETTE AND SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS UNTIL YOU COUGH IT OUT THOSE BROKEN LUNGS OF YOURS!" she yelled loudly before taking the cigarette from his lips and throwing it on the ground.

She picked up her foot that wore her pink sneakers and shoved it down onto the cigarette, lighting it out.

I bit my lip holding back a laugh and could see Gabe's shoulders shake beside me. Daniel's green eyes widened at her brown furious ones and we all went silent.

"Anyway..." I say turning my attention to Gabe, "I don't think boxing... places... have a backstage." I said with a raised brow as I eyed the tickets that were clasped in his hand.

"But I paid one hundred dollars each, " he whined as he looked at the tickets that were a scam.

I was about to respond but the sound of cheering made its way to my ear. I glanced from Gabe's whimpering figure to where the warehouse was. The guards were both moving from the door grabbing onto each handle closing it.

"It's just a cigarette," Daniel said as I kept my focus on why the security guards were closing the doors.

"Which is going to kill you!" Layla yelled back.

They started bickering back and forth and I paid no attention to them as I kept my eyes on the door.

We have to get in. We have to see this fight.

"Guys, " I say as I keep my eyes ahead not turning to watch their furious eyes yelling at each other.

Gabe was too busy whining so he didn't hear me either.