Chapter 31: Tell the truth

I examined my eyes one more time in the mirror making sure the redness had gone away. I had nightmares last night and they were worst. I cried myself to sleep in irritation and stress.

Mom and dad had come up to my room to tell me they wanted to talk to me and I had become nervous. Them taking their time out of their day to speak to me was something I wasn't used to.

I smiled in the mirror and opened my bedroom door to walk out. Aiden came out from his at the same time and we spotted each other.

I took a deep breath in as he walked towards me, he was shirtless and his toned chest and core were revealed. He wore black sweats that barely clung at the end of his waist. His broad shoulders and perfectly shaped muscles seemed relaxed.

"Hey," he murmured as he fixed his hair out of his face revealing his blue eyes. His eyes looked less droopy and his chiseled jaw shadowed from the morning's sun that shone through the window.

Aiden and I had started to at least become pals. I wanted more. I know I did. But, I was scared for two reasons. If he knew about my past he would probably think I'm a depressed low life and he showed no feelings towards me.

"Hey," I said as I waved at him and walked downstairs.

I heard his footsteps echo behind me as he followed me down.

"You seem stressed," he said from behind me as we continued down the stairs.

I stopped at the end of the stairs and waited for him to stand next to me.

"What makes you think that?" I asked with a raised brow.

He reached to the bottom and smirked, setting his big hands on my shoulders. I felt my skin shiver at his touch.

"Your shoulders look tense," he said as he calmly pushed my shoulders down. I felt my shoulders become less tense as I breathed out.

I looked into his mysterious blue eyes that I felt I still haven't found out about and he stared into mine. I felt myself bite the bottom of my lip and he backed away. He let go of my shoulders and turned around revealing his perfectly toned back muscles that shifted every time he walked.

He cleared his throat, "I'll be in the kitchen."

I watched as he walked away and I took a deep breath in.

This tension between us made me feel some way.

I cleared my thoughts and walked over to my mom and dad's room, knocking on the door.

"Come in," I heard my mother call.

I grabbed the knob and opened it to reveal Mom and Dad both seated at the edge of the bed.

Dad held my mother's hand in his lap and looked grim. Mother glanced at me, her brown eyes seeming as dangerous than ever.

She was wearing a yellow sun flowered blouse and white jeans. She had on white flip flops and her toes were well manicured. She wore dark red lipstick and squinted at me with her slightly bad vision.

Dad was wearing black dress pants and a dark blue buttoned-up shirt. He had on black dress shoes and the baldness of his head was shiny because of the dawn.

I gulped nervously and felt my hands become moist. I walked in and closed the door behind me.

"You guys wanted to talk?" I asked as I stood in front of them, far away.

My dad cleared his throat and gazed at my mom before looking back at me.

"Well, honey we had a question," he said slightly uncomfortable.