Chapter 37: Bye bye Layla

Chapter 37: Bye-bye Layla
The sound of silence filled the room, not even a pin drop being able to break it. The silence was too strong, too unbearable. The essence of the hospital filled the room, the familiar scent invaded my scent.

I kept my eyes on him, laying there, he seemed to be sleeping so peacefully, so quietly. His face was still as bruised as before, some of the bruises barely healing from the ice while the corner of his top lip was still getting used to the stitch. His eyes were strung closed and his breathing was even.

I looked at his hand that was clasped in mine. He made me feel so safe. I rubbed circles around his palm as I let my eyes roam his features.

He was wearing a gown that was given to him when he entered the hospital, his black hair still hung in his face, hiding some of his bruises that were placed on his forehead. I couldn't see his blue eyes that I loved but only his long lengthened black lashes that shadowed over his cheekbones. His two tattoos on his neck seemed to be the only thing allowing me to break contact with looking at his abused figure.

Gabe, Layla, and Daniel went home for the night. I wanted to sleep, but I couldn't. I had to stay next to him until he awoke. I had to know he was okay.

This is all my fault. Why with me everything goes bad? Why do I not ever deserve happiness?

I felt my eyes sting at the thoughts that overflowed my brain. The pain was excruciating, the feeling of being so alone hurt. Aiden changed that and this is what I repay him with? A close death?

Everywhere I go, everyone, I touch gets hurt because of me.

I'm an emotional wreck.

I look down at the marble floor, blinking as warm tears flow down my cheek onto the floor.

I stopped horridly when I felt a light squeeze on my hand. I felt my heart drop to the bottom of my stomach.

What do I say to him?

"Oh, hey, sorry for almost getting you killed, good job though!"

I rolled my eyes at the thought of letting those words ever leave my mouth.

I quickly wiped the tears from my cheeks, the wetness absorbing onto my palms.

"Hey," he murmured with a smirk.

I'm amazed he can still smirk when he's damaged and has a stitch on his lip.

"Hi," I whispered as I scooted the chair I was seated on closer to his bed.

I glanced at the IV that was put into the vein in his arm and winced.

"This isn't your fault Heaven," he said as if he could read my thoughts.

I glanced back at him, his eyes were filled with warmness and I felt my heartthrob at the sincere look they held.

"I wish our minds could think alike," I said before letting out a small chuckle.

He stared at me for a second, now his thumb was rubbing my palm as he stared at my face. I started to feel insecure as he roamed my facial features. He always did this, as if he can somehow find out my problems from how my face is formed.

"Shut up, come here," he said before letting go of my hand and scooting over on the hospital bed. He patted the side next to him as I stood up and slumped down.

I rested my head like he did, our shoulders touching as we sat there in silence. I felt his hand lift to clasp mine that was set onto my lap. His thumb rubbed over my skin, leaving tingles throughout my body.