Chapter 26: Boxing Match

Chapter 26: Boxing match

Aiden's POV:
Her smell was everything. I breathed in her rose scent as I kissed her soft lips-

Wait. No, what am I doing?

I'm guessing she's thinking the same thing since we both quickly pull back from each other with a shocked expression on our faces.

Her brown eyes started to look confused and I saw her shiver as our body's moved apart from each other. Her breathing was unsteady as she picked her finger up and started to feel her lips, her eyes looked at me.

No Aiden, you promised yourself that you would never fall in love again. These girls do this, they step in and they mess with your mind and then they leave.

I barely even know her. I mean yes she was beautiful, she had this laugh that I was addicted too and this smile that made me smile. And whenever she talked back or got mad it made me laugh all the time.

But I couldn't trust her. F*ck that, I couldn't trust any girl. Love was fake and it's not real.

Why the hell did I kiss her back? I'm drunk. I smile in my head as I realize that I have an actual excuse.

I mean that's the only reason I kissed her, it's because I'm drunk. I've steered clear of every girl in my way for the past 1-2 years yet I kissed her. But, that's because I'm drunk.

"Aiden?" she whispered worriedly.

Anger filled up in me. How could I even sit next to her for more than a minute? I don't like her, I never will.

I ignored her and got out of the cold lake. I pulled myself up onto the deck and walked back into the lake house.

Even though I couldn't see her I felt her eyes on me.

I closed the sliding door behind me and barged upstairs into the guest room Gabe lets me stay in while his mom and dad are gone.

I feel the anger in me boil up even more and I have the urge to break something. I grab the vase on the desk and slam it onto the hardwood floor, shattering it into tiny pieces.

I walk over to the lamp in the corner and slammed it down onto the ground. Gladly it didn't break. I hear the doorknob open and see Gabe's irritated face.

He looks around the room and his eyes wander to the vase I broke and the lamp on the floor.

I look at him and try to take the anger away from my eyes. The thing about Gabe was that he knew me, and he knew when I was at my worst there was only one thing to solve it. He never questioned me about it and I respected him for that.

"Why are you wet?" he asked me with a confused face "DANIEL!" Gabe called as he didn't break eye contact with the vase on the floor.

I walked over to the end of the bed and rested my head in my hands. I pushed back my hair several times and felt the stress in me increase.

That f*cking girl did this to me.

"What? You really have to call me when I was with Layla," he started annoyed as he walked into the room. His eyes landed on the vase, then onto me, then onto the lamp on the floor.

"Oh," he said while looking at Gabe with an understanding expression.

Daniel then walked over to me and pulled me off of the bed. He tugged at my arm and I eventually got up.

"Do you want to go change?" Daniel asked me concerned.

"No, I need to go right now," I replied and walked down the stairs.