Part 3 - Here's to a Good Year

Asher

"C'mon, I'll take you to your room. It's been a long morning." I said to the girl crying in the living room.

She nodded as she wiped the tears out of her eyes and followed me as we walked down the hall. As we were walking down a long hallway I noticed that every door had a name on it. 'Luke, Jace, Harlow, Asher' read the signs until we got to the end and came across the final door of the hallway.

Carter

"Is this your room?" I asked softly to the girl who still had tears in her eyes.

She looked at the door and sighed.

"Yeah I guess so."

"Carter is a beautiful name." I said to her, stopping in front of her door.

She stopped with me and dropped her head as she reached for the door handle. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and looked up at me one more time.

"Thanks" she blushed.

I looked into her hazel eyes. She seemed terrified to be here. And who's to blame her? She just found out her parents signed her rights away to this show, and now she is in a random place with all of these random people.

How did they even get us here?

She smiled faintly before entering her room, closing the door behind her.

I sighed and went down the hall back to the room I woke up in just hours before.

When I got into the room, I decided to take a look around. I have to admit the room is exactly like what I've ever dreamed of. It had all black walls with a burgundy bed in the middle of the far wall. There is a black dresser across from the bed with picture frames lining the top. I picked one up to see an old photo of my mom and I as a baby. I smiled as I touched the frame. My mom is the only person who believed in me. She is the one who put me in singing lessons as a child, and she is the one who moved with me to L.A. when I got my big break.

I looked to the right of the picture frame. There sat my lonesome Grammy award that I won three years ago. I looked at it but did not touch it. You see, at the ripe age of 19 I am already a washed up pop star. I became famous when I was just 13 years old and hit my peak at 16. After that I got into some trouble and I have never been able to recover from it. I had been labelled the bad boy of the industry and no one would give me a second chance. It was only a month ago that I moved from my apartment in L.A. back to my hometown in Michigan to get away from the bad press. I can't believe my mom signed me off to be on this show. Maybe she thought it would be my second chance to show people that I am not a bad kid?

I hope my reputation doesn't stop me from getting along with the people in this house. We are stuck here for a year, I need to use this time to prove to the people here, and the people watching that I am not a bad person, I just made bad choices.

But how am I going to do that?

I walked over to my bed and flopped down on it. As soon as I laid down I heard a crash from the kitchen. Sounds like someone is cooking. I'm not hungry, I'm still trying to comprehend what is going on. My brain was starting to feel fuzzy as tucked myself into my soft, warm bed and closed my eyes.

Carter

I leaned against the door that I just shut on Asher.

Asher Friggen Clark. Aka the hottest celebrity EVER.

Why am I so stupid? I remember when he went viral. I was only 10 years old but was so in love with this older new singer. I remember being 13 when he won his first Grammy. I remember only months later when his name was all over the news.