Part 27 - The Middle

This chapter is dedicated to TheVilliriated936 check out their story called "THE PROJECT 2577"

Asher

I have continued to go on morning walks around the island by myself. I haven't talked to Cory alone since she told us we should stop sleeping together for now. It turns out she caught feelings for me that she didn't realize she had until I hooked up with Harlow's friend.

I have missed her a lot. I wasn't aware of how much I wanted to be around her until it wasn't an option anymore. I took advantage of her presence and now I was lonely without her.

I was praying for an opportunity to make things right between us again, but I didn't know how to address the situation. I realized during this time apart that I was starting to develop feelings for her. Actually, scratch that. I realized I have always had feelings for her. Doing stuff without her has been miserable and I just wanted my best friend. I was kicking myself for leaving her room the night she was upset with her without telling her how I felt, and now I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want her to think I was just saying this stuff to make her feel better. I wanted her to know I meant it.

I could hear through the PA system that there is a house meeting in 5 minutes so I made my way back inside. There is going to be another excursion tonight. The house felt weirdly tense lately and no one could put a finger on why it did so I wasn't sure what to expect for tonight's adventure.

We all gathered in the living room and waited for Ken to come on the screen. I looked around at everyone while we were waiting. The room was rigid.

Besides Ryan and Carter who were stuck is a daze of sunshine and rainbows, almost everyone else looked like they just saw a ghost.

Luke was sitting beside Zoe on one side of the room. Zoe was trying to make conversation with him but he looked distracted. He had his eyes on Tara and he looked like he was going to pass out.

Tara wasn't looking at anyone. She sat across from Luke and Zoe and she was staring at her feet. Harlow was sitting beside her and she had a death glare on Luke. I was so confused about this environment.

The most peculiar thing was the fact that Jace was sitting beside Harlow, and they weren't fighting...

I thought pigs would fly before I would witness them getting along.

Ken suddenly appeared on the screen.

He said hi to everyone and we all returned the favour. Then he started explaining what was going to happen tonight.

"Tonight the viewers decided to give the three that are not in high school the night off. Asher, Luke, and Tara you will be sent away for the night to enjoy a sunset dinner and a show performed by a local theatrical group."

I looked at Luke and he was not thrilled at all. Neither was Tara who kind of looked like she was going to cry.

Was I missing something?

"The three of you will be able to pick a date to accompany you to the show. Luke, you are up first."

Everyone's attention shifted to Luke as he snapped out of his dazed state.

He cleared his throat and spoke up. "Oh, uh, obviously I'm bringing Zoe."

Zoe smiled and gave him a kiss. The room cheered for them like we always did when someone got picked but for some reason Tara, Harlow, and Jace did not change their expressions. I don't know why they are acting so strange.