Part 12 - What the Hell Jace

This chapter is dedicated to Geegervy ! Her story is AMAZING. It is called "My Bodyguard". Give it a read :)

Cory

The island they sent us to was absolutely breathtaking! We had a magnificent view of an old volcano with a waterfall running down the side. The light reflected off of the water and created a never ending rainbow that I couldn't keep my eyes off of.

We had finished playing volleyball with just the seven of us. The four girls played against the three boys but they still managed to kick our asses. Some of the locals here were so kind to make us a picnic lunch with fresh fruit, sandwiches, and mimosas (which was my favourite part). In a few hours, the locals scheduled a fun volleyball tournament against us and I couldn't wait to play!

"Who's down for a game on 2v2 against Harlow and I?" Ryan asked, wrapping an arm around Harlow's neck.

"I would but I am so tired, I need to rest up for the big game later." Zoe said. She was laying down on a towel she brought, soaking up the sun on this gorgeous day.

"Same." Blake and Carter said at the same time, which made us all laugh.

"I will!" I offered kindly. I love volleyball and I will always play when asked.

"Awesome. Jace, are you in?" Ryan asked, looking over at Jace who was sitting a little farther away from the group. He didn't really talk much since we got here. I wonder if something was bothering him?

Jace looked over at Ryan and Harlow and thought about for a minute. I looked at Harlow who was acting like she saw a ghost. Why are the two of them being so weird?

"Sure, why not?" Jace said.

Jace, Harlow, Ryan and I all made our way over to the volleyball court. Jace and I on one side, Harlow and Ryan on the other.

The game started off pretty normal, we had a few good rallies, everyone was having fun, just normal innocent play. Harlow volleyed the ball over the net and it landed on our side, giving her and Ryan a point. Harlow jumped into Ryans arms as he spun her around and gave her a quick kiss on the lips before we continued playing.

It seemed like after that, something inside Jace took a turn for the worst as he started amping up his play. The next time it was Jace's turn to serve the ball he overhand spiked the ball harder than he has all day, just barely missing Harlow in the process.

"Woah man, that was pretty hard." Ryan said, going to retrieve the ball.

"It wouldn't have been too hard if she was ready for it." Jace scoffed.

Harlow didn't say anything but she had a death glare on Jace. Ryan threw the ball back over to Jace and he served it again, even harder this time than the last. This time Harlow was ready and she bumped the ball over to Ryan who spiked it over the net. I reached my arms out for the ball and bumped it up for a perfect set for Jace. Jace jumped up with all of his power and spiked the ball down into their court. This time, he didn't miss Harlow and he hit her in the shoulder with the ball.

"What the hell Jace!" Harlow screamed, holding the shoulder that he hit.

I was in shock and so was Ryan. There was no way he did that by accident. Now I was really concerned as to what was going on. Jace didn't say anything, he just turned and started stomping in the opposite direction of where everyone was. What was his problem?

Ryan wrapped his arm around Harlow and lead her back to where everyone was suntanning while I followed behind.

"How was your game?" Carter asked innocently.

"So weird. Jace just threw a fit for no reason and hit Harlow with the ball." Ryan said. He sat down on the blanket where our food was and tried to get Harlow to sit on his lap, but she shook her head no.

"WHAT?!" Carter gasped. "Are you okay Harlow?"

'I'm fine guys. It doesn't even hurt." Harlow said while she sat down on the blanket beside Ryan.

I think she was lying about her arm not hurting, but she looked annoyed with the attention she was getting from everyone so I knew I had to do something to get everyone to leave her alone.

"Why don't we take a walk down to the waterfall?" I suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea!" Zoe said. She got off of her towel and shook out the excess sand that got on it. We all began to pack up and leave before Harlow spoke up.

"You guys go ahead without me, I'm just going to stay here and relax before our game later."

"I'll stay with you!" Ryan said.

"No." Harlow hissed at Ryan almost immediately. Ryan looked taken back by her words.

"I mean, I don't want you to miss out. You go, I will see you later." Harlow pleaded.

Ryan sighed and smiled before he gave her a kiss

The remaining five of us set off to go see the beautiful rainbow waterfall, leaving Harlow and Jace behind.

Okay, woah Jace chill out?

I can tell he is trying so hard not to say anything. Do you think he will last much longer?

If you liked this chapter don't forget to leave a vote :)

P.S. don't forget about what Tara is trying to scheme up at the house... that is coming soon ;)