Part 17 - Fresh Start

This chapter is dedicated to Suleiman2003155 check out their story "Koriannon" :)

Ken

The team and I sat around our large meeting room table as we went over our quarterly show update. Although every week we we meet to discuss what would happen that week, we have a larger meeting with more reps from MTV four times a year to make sure the show is on track money wise. At this meeting we discuss the show's success and areas we need to improve. There is only a few of us that are actually living on the island with the teens, the rest of the MTV crew had to fly in and they just arrived. My boss, Eliza McCann was here which was making me incredibly nervous.

"Alright everyone, lets get started." Mrs McCann announced as she walked into the room and sat in the head chair, the chair that is usually reserved for me.

Mrs. McCann was previously against the idea of the show and is still hesitant of its success. Right now it is the most popular show in reality tv but it has started to see a decline in viewers In the past few weeks, and I am nervous we will have sponsors pull out if any more drop.

"Before we talk about numbers Mrs. McCann, we would like to get you caught up on the story line of the show so far." I spoke up. I wanted to make sure she knew how hard my team has been working to make this show run smoothly.

"The table is yours, Mr. Kerr." She smiled. It was not a nice smile. She was terrifying. Especially because I knew she could pull the plug on the show whenever she saw fit.

I gulped as I made a gesture towards the light and sound crew. They started to work their magic and the island house popped up on the projector screen at the front of the room.

"My team and I have put together a highlight reel of everything that happened during the first three months of the show that has caused the highest viewings." My palms were sweaty as the tape started to roll

'Previously on "The Island". The first two weeks brought the greatest amount of drama towards the show as the viewers got to witness the fallout of Asher & Carter, Harlow & Ryan, and Harlow & Jace.

The next few weeks showed a great division in the house. The girls rarely communicated with the guys and feuds only began to increase between members like Tara, Jace, Harlow, and Asher. Eventually, our leader Cory couldn't take the divide anymore and called a house meeting. She forced everyone to apologize for all of their behaviour. After that, the house started to get along again. Tara and Asher were forgiven by everyone. Jace and Harlow didn't make up but at least they don't need to be chaperoned to make sure they don't kill each other anymore. Ryan has moved on from Harlow and is enjoying his time on the island being single.

The second month we sent the teens home for a week at a time so they could show off their hometown, friends, and families. The viewers enjoyed getting the intimate details of the teen's backgrounds, and we were able to get more subscribers due to meet and greet events that the teens put on

The third month the teens were all back at the house. They threw amazing themed parties for themselves, travelled around to the local islands, and overall had a great time getting along as friends in the house."

The tape ended and the room was silent. We all knew what was coming after that horrible highlight reel. Although the show started off strong, the views have gone down in the past month. People love the drama and the teens just aren't delivering it.

"Okay." Says Mrs. McCann. "I hope you can all see what I am seeing. The show is going to crash if we cannot get our views back up."

We all nodded. "Yes Ma'am, we totally agree."