Part 21 - The Premier

This chapter is dedicated to @PurpleStarz_101 Thanks for all of your support! Check out their story "Broken Pirouettes"

Ryan

Carter and I were in a limo on our way to the premier. The island was only an hour helicopter ride to Los Angeles where the premier is. We landed about 30 minutes ago and were almost at the destination. I wasn't sure what to expect when we arrived. Ken told us it was a very exclusive event but we still weren't sure what that meant.

The helicopter ride with Carter felt very awkward. We haven't had a chance to talk about our kiss yesterday and I wasn't sure how to bring it up. I knew I wanted to talk about it though before this event started so the whole night wouldn't be weird. Since we were almost there, I knew this was my only chance.

"Listen Carter, I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable yesterday." I said.

"It's okay, I'm sorry that I ran away from you." She responded.

I looked over at her. She was absolutely stunning. She was wearing a long red dress that fit her perfectly and I couldn't help but picture myself pulling her close and kissing her like I did yesterday.

No. I need to get these thoughts out of my head. She obviously isn't thinking that way considering that she pushed me away yesterday, so I need to forget about it.

"I don't want this to ruin our friendship." I exclaimed.

Carter looked over at me concerned. She shuffled over so that she was sitting closer to me and grabbed my hand.

"Nothing is going to ruin our friendship, okay?" She said while looking me straight in the eyes.

I had to fight to not get lost in her daze but eventually I mustered out the courage to say "Okay."

I was happy that she didn't think our friendship was ruined, but I was also feeling sad that friendship is all it might ever be. I realized after the kiss yesterday that I wanted us to be more than friends, which made it so much harder when she pushed me away.

Suddenly the limo started to slow down. I looked out the window and couldn't believe my eyes. We were lined up behind a bunch of limos. In the distance I could see a crowd of people outside, many with huge cameras.

I didn't realize the extent of this premier until this point. I thought it was just a private viewing of this movie with a few people, but it is a big ordeal. Once we got even closer I noticed the red carpet that lead to the inside. Were Carter and I going to be on that?

It was finally time and our limo stopped in front of the red carpet. The back door swung open revealing Dennis who was already there waiting for us.

"Are you ready?" He asked us.

"Wait, why are we coming out on the red carpet?" Carter asked in confusion.

I was equally shocked. It's not like we had anything to do with this movie.

"You are two stars on the biggest show in reality TV, why wouldn't you be on it?"

I couldn't believe it. Was the show really this big? On the Island we don't hear about the show very often, we just know it's happening. Sure when I was sent home to Canada my town threw a small parade, but nothing like this. I guess we really were becoming the most famous teens in the world.

Dennis reached for Carter's hand and let her out first. An overwhelming roar from the crowd erupted when she was revealed which I could tell shocked her. I stepped out behind her and the cheers continued.