Part 16 - The Aftermath Pt. 2

This chapter is dedicated to sofiagv_writes :) I am loving their book called "The Dinner Party" Go give it a read!!

Carter

"How did you find this place?" I Asked Ryan.

Ryan and I were laying side by side on a big hammock that was hidden in the trees. It was about half a mile from the main house, closer to where the MTV headquarters were located.

We've been laying here for hours. Neither of us have talked much, we've both just been thinking about the hysterical day we had.

"I found it when I was out for a run one day." He responded. "I come here sometimes if I just want to get away from the house."

I turned my head so I was facing Ryan. "Well, thanks for showing it to me."

"Of course" he smiled.

I turned my head back so I was looking up into the bright green leaves that rested above us. I could faintly see the red sky shine through the tree branches which meant the sun was going to set soon. That made me feel a little bummed out. I wasn't ready to go back to the house and face the realities of the situation just yet.

"How are you feeling?" Ryan asked. I was laying on his shoulder and I could feel his arm that was underneath me rubbing the side of my body for comfort.

"Mad." I let out a faint laugh when I said that.

I wasn't lying. I was very mad at Asher, but I was also unsure of if I had a right to be or not. To be fair, he wasn't my boyfriend. He owed me nothing when I found him sleeping with Tara, but I still felt angry to see him with someone who wasn't me.

Is this what jealousy feels like?

"Me too." Ryan said.

I leaned in closer to Ryan to comfort him. Ryan got the short end of the stick out of the two of us. He was much closer with Harlow and I could tell he was starting to really like her. Her going off with another guy with no explanation to Ryan made me upset for him.

Don't get me wrong, Harlow is my closest friend in the house and I love her, but she didn't have to treat Ryan that way. If she wanted to hook up with Jace, she should have cut ties with Ryan before hand. Maybe that is another reason I am feeling so mad right now.

"Do you kind of wish you could make Asher pay for what he did to you?" Ryan asked as he looked up at the trees.

I would be lying if I said I haven't thought about that. "A little bit, yes. Why? Do you feel that way towards Harlow?"

"Yes. Is that horrible?" He questioned himself for having thoughts of inflicting emotional pain onto someone he cared for.

I looked at him. "Kind of." I smirked.

We both let out a small chuckle. "Are we bad people?"

"Maybe."

We laid in silence for a few more minutes. His question haunted me. Did I want Asher to pay for what he did to me? I big part of me did. He embarrassed me and hooked up with someone behind my back. Is it because I didn't have sex with him? Is this my fault?

"What would you do to get back at Harlow?" I asked curiously.

"Sleep with someone." Ryan answered firmly.

I was thinking this was just hypothetical but his fast response made me think he had this planned out.

"Like who?"