Part 20 - Jealousy

This chapter is dedicated to FirstCreator check out their SciFi story called "Alive"

Asher

It was Friday night and the eight of us who were left at the house were drinking by the pool. Ryan and Carter left a few hours ago to go on their outing. They were getting flown out for the night to go to the movie premiere of the "Black Widow". The rest of us decided to have a chill night and later on when the sun set, we were going to have a camp fire.

Luke & Zoe were currently having a chicken war against Jace & Cory in the pool. Originally Cory asked me if I wanted to play with her but I declined.

I couldn't shake the bad mood I was in.

I thought back to about 30 minutes before Ryan and Carter were set to leave. The five guys were sitting outside having a beer while the girls were inside helping Carter get ready. Since it was a movie premier, they both had to get dressed up and as you can imagine, that took Carter much longer than it took Ryan.

"I can't believe you get to leave for a whole night!" Blake said.

"Yeah because this place is sooooo horrible." I joked sarcastically. All of the guys laughed.

"I'm excited to get away with Carter, but I think it is going to be awkward."

"What makes you think that?" Jace asked.

"I kissed her yesterday and she did not react well to it." He stated.

He did what? I felt a wave of heat rush through my body. He kissed her?

"I thought you two were just friends." I mentioned.

I hope I wasn't acting strange. I started feeling envious of the words that just came out of Ryan's mouth, but why? Carter and I haven't had any form of romantic relationship in months. Why was the thought of her kissing another guy make me flustered with emotions?

"We are just friends, I guess." Ryan responded. "I didn't know I was going to kiss her until it happened. It seemed like it was going really well but then she got all mad and left."

I was trying to hide a faint smile that I had on my lips. Carter rejected Ryan. I wonder why she would have done that. I wondered if there was a possibility it was because of me.

"Hey kid, who knows maybe you can woo her tonight." Luke joked. He was making hand gestures that indicated he was suggesting that Ryan and Carter would be intimate.

That made me mad. Luke knew that Carter wasn't that kind of girl. I told him. There is no need to be making jokes about doing stuff that she doesn't want to do.

Ryan better not pull anything on her that makes her uncomfortable tonight. I'll kick his ass.

I didn't want to hear the guys talk anymore.

"I'll go check to see if she's ready." I announced.

I walked into the house, which felt weirdly quiet. There was almost always someone in the common areas so when there wasn't it kind of threw me off.

I never planned on actually going to check on Carter, I just wanted to get away from that conversation. I made my way over to the fridge and grabbed a cold beer from the top shelf. Once I had it, I went over and sat on the couch. I was about to turn on the tv when I heard one of the bedroom doors open. I turned and watched all of the girls pile out of Carter's room. She was the last one to come out.

Woah.

She was wearing a red Satin cowl neck dress and black heels. Her hair was straight and her bangs were pinned back behind her ears.