Fast Beating

Requested by MonaJoonie

--------

Two weeks left until their comeback. The most stressful parts of their job. Namjoon liked it, but hated it at the same time. He always had to pull several all-nighters in order to get everything down perfectly.

There wasn't a moment to breathe whenever this season came around. This time was no exception.

Namjoon found himself sinking into his old habits of drinking lots of coffee and staying awake night after night to finish things. He knew it was unsafe - when he got addicted to caffeine, he couldn't stop - but there was no other alternative. 24 hours was just too short for him to get everything done. There were interviews to practice for, dances to perfect, raps to get down, outfits fitted, and not to mention the diets and workout regimens. Namjoon had been told to eat one meal a day for this time. Hopefully that would make him lose the five pounds he had gained over the break.

Gosh, Namjoon really was going to lose it after a while. He was going to crash soon.

--------

"You're still awake, Joon?" Yoongi asked. He stumbled sleepily into the studio.

"Yeah," Namjoon said. "I have to look at the tracks, make sure they sound-"

"That's what I've been doing too!"

"Oh."

Yoongi shook his head. "Namjoon, speaking from experience here, don't drink that much coffee. You're not going to feel well. Come on, let's just go home."

"But-"

"Namjoon, we've already made sure. Everything's as good as it gets. I wanted to change some things, but the producer wants to leave it this way. I don't know. But... you, come on. Get some rest. You're not getting enough food either, come on."

Namjoon nodded. He got to his feet, suddenly aware of his fast pulse. Uh oh.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

--------

Usually, Namjoon told himself, he would've tried to be more caring towards himself. He would've told the others that something was up with him and he wasn't feeling completely okay.

But now? No. There were bigger things to worry about. There was too much work to get done. There wasn't any time to stop and think about things. From morning til night, they had intense schedules that had them dreaming of their beds by the end of it. Namjoon couldn't just disrupt their system, their way of doing things by talking about his physical condition.

He had to stay up and work. Hoseok told him that his dance moves were still sloppy. Namjoon needed to stay up and work on that.

It was probably just exhaustion. After the music video dropped, there were two weeks of promotions. After that, Namjoon could catch a break. He somehow had to last a month. Then he would be fine. Then he could rest all he wanted and sleep for as long as he liked.

Namjoon liked to think catastrophically for the others and wishfully for himself. Usually, it worked. It was just exhaustion and he recovered quickly.

This time, however, he wasn't going to be let off so easily.

------

"Are you going to stay here the rest of the night?" Hoseok asked.

"Yeah... why?"

"No, I was just saying..." Hoseok shook his head, looking at Namjoon carefully. "Why though?"