Stranded in a Distant Land 1

Requested by TundraFox

warning: blood and injury

-------

Their initial plan was to go on a private ocean cruise and enjoy the nice weather. They had requested a private one too, so it was just the seven of them, plus the crew members. No cameras, no loud screaming, just the seven of them quietly spending some time together.

That couldn't have gone more wrong.

Jimin thought about this for a moment when everything was going crazy.

The sky was a deep gray. A steady rain was falling, soaking them to the brim. Their boat was leaking. The water was choppy. Hoseok had been slightly seasick at the beginning, but it was much worse for him now. He nervously sat inside the cabin, staring outside.

Namjoon was sitting with him. They were still a good hundred kilometers from the nearest continent, so they were in trouble. The others looked terrified. Jungkook's face was pale and he kept biting his nails. There were enough lifeboats to take them to safety, but with this storm, Namjoon wasn't sure whether they would be able to last or not. A distress call had been made.

"Everything is going to be alright," he said to Hoseok. "Don't be scared."

Hoseok sniffed, nodding. The crew were all trying their best to get out of the danger.

Namjoon was scared too. He wondered about all the bad possibilities. There was an empty feeling inside of him and that was causing him to internally panic. But he forced himself to appear calm, in part because the others kept glancing at him for comfort.

"How long will it take us to get to the coast?" Jimin asked.

"A few days, I think," Namjoon said.

The boat was rolling heavily from side to side. A few chairs on the deck were being swept overboard.

"I left my bag out there," Taehyung mumbled. "I know it isn't important but..."

Namjoon shook his head. "Wasn't your passport in there?"

"Yeah..."

"I..." Namjoon stood up. He could get the bag quickly and-

"No, hyung, it's not that important," Taehyung said quickly. "Really. You don't have to go and get it. I can get a new one. It's an emergency. It's fine."

"It will be fine," Namjoon said. "I'll be back in here so quickly that you won't have-"

"Go quickly," Hoseok said. "If you have to. Really quickly."

The others were starting to look worried. Jungkook grabbed Namjoon's hand, but didn't try and stop him.

Namjoon nodded to Hoseok. Taehyung sighed, starting to look guilty. Namjoon patted his shoulder before heading towards the cabin door. One of the staff members tried to stop him from leaving, but after he explained the situation, he was let through. He ran out onto the deck. There was water all over it, and he nearly slipped. The ship kept rolling. Namjoon took a deep breath. He scanned the main deck area for Taehyung's bag.

There it was! It was on the floor, the bottom part already soaked. Namjoon hoped that passports were waterproof. He quickly went towards it and grabbed it.

The ship rolled steeply towards the side he was standing. Namjoon lost his balance, falling towards the deck. He held on tightly to Taehyung's bag. In no way was he losing this again. When the ship had righted itself again, he shakily got to his feet again. The deck was more slippery than before, just like a skating rink. Namjoon lost his balance again, his foot sliding out from underneath him. He was just about to get back up, when there was another steep roll. The wind whipped all around him. He rolled, just like a bowling pin, towards the edge of the deck. To his horror, he saw that the railing was broken. Furniture had probably been thrown around and broken it. Namjoon tried to move himself somewhere else in desperation, digging his nails into the floor and trying to anchor his ankles onto something, but it was all in vain. He clung onto Taehyung's bag as he was thrown overboard.