Hello Darkness, My Old Friend

Requested by @Love BTS

-------

There were certain memories that Namjoon preferred to keep hidden. Some things that he would never reveal to anybody, unless they already knew. And in front of those people, Namjoon kept his composure. They knew his darkest secrets.

Yoongi knew. Namjoon had to keep that in mind. He knew Yoongi wouldn't reveal it, but he just had to be careful. Anything could happen at any time. Namjoon had to be prepared.

-------

Namjoon entered the empty meeting room, the others at his heels. The room was dark. It made him anxious not to be able to see what was going on around him. His skin crawled until Jimin had the bright idea to turn on the lights. Immediately, he relaxed. He could see how far away each person was from him and could adjust himself accordingly.

It was a source of comfort.

"This talk is about what kind of horror show we're going to inject ourselves next right?" Hoseok asked.

"Sure," Jungkook said. "Except it's nowhere near as exciting as you made it sound."

"Exciting?"

Jungkook nodded.

Hoseok rolled his eyes. "I've had it with you."

"No, you haven't."

"You know that you're going with me to wherever I'm planning on going next."

"Oh, no, no." Hoseok shook his head. "I prefer a quiet lifestyle."

"It's the most fun when you're there," Jungkook said.

"That's because I scream and freak out and you find that ridiculous."

"That's not true."

Hoseok rolled his eyes again. "Sure. I can't trust you when it comes to this kind of stuff."

Yoongi smacked both of them on their backs. "Enough. This is something serious."

Namjoon chuckled. Jin only sighed. Taehyung looked mildly amused.

"I can come with you, if you want," Taehyung said slowly after a while.

"Sure." Jungkook nodded.

Hoseok sighed.

They all fell silent after the managers entered. Namjoon took a seat next to them. Jimin settled in beside him. He was strangely quiet today. He only gave Namjoon a small smile when he glanced at him.

"You okay?" Namjoon asked.

Jimin nodded.

"Okay, enough everybody," the manager said. He came to the front. He settled down a binder on the table. "We are here to plan out how the next few challenges are going to go."

"Challenges?" Hoseok asked.

"Mmhm."

"Whatever do you mean?"

"You know, for Run BTS's challenges. I think we should do something a bit more extreme. It would bring more viewers in and increase their interest."

"But that..." Hoseok shook his head. "I know what you're thinking about, but honestly, I'm done doing things that I'm not comfortable with."

"Hoseok, you have changed," Taehyung said. "Fame has changed you."

"No, I've grown as a person."

"No, no, listen to me," the manager said. "We're not going to make you swim in shark-infested waters or anything. We'll talk things over. We'll make sure that safety is our utmost priority. Hoseok, if you're uncomfortable, just tell us. We'll come up with another exciting thing to do."