Cyanide Juice

Requested by Kas2004_

warning: blood

-------

"I'm so excited!"

Namjoon forced a grin at Jimin's enthusiasm. The whole world might be crashing and burning at their feet but Jimin would still be excited to go to a restaurant.

"Jimin, we've been here thousands of times before," Yoongi said. "Literally the same place."

"You don't have a joyful outlook on life. You have to look forward to everything, even if it's something mundane," Jimin said.

"This is one of the fanciest restaurants in the country. It isn't exactly mundane," Jin said.

Namjoon laughed.

"You know what I mean."

Namjoon shrugged and turned to look out the window. They were being driven to what Jin liked to call, "the fanciest restaurant in the country" which wasn't much of an exaggeration. It had been built a couple years earlier on a massive plot of land. It was well-known for being expensive.

The food was great though.

"I want to try the chicken," Taehyung said quietly.

"You've tried it before," Yoongi said.

"Yes, I want to try again."

"He's my kind of guy," Jimin said. "He's very Jimin-coded."

"Sure," Yoongi said.

"I am." Taehyung nodded.

Yoongi shook his head and fell quiet.

Namjoon tried to tune them out while he started to get lost in his own thoughts. Glancing out the window, he tried to look at each of the houses that flew by. They were all big and fancy - evidence of the rich neighbourhood they were in. He sighed. Sometimes, he got a bit uneasy with all his wealth. He felt like a walking target.

"Jin hyung," Jungkook called, interrupting his thoughts. "I want to sit next to you."

Jin glanced back at him. "All of a sudden, why?"

"What do you mean?"

He shrugged. "You're usually-"

"Are you saying that I don't care about you?"

"No-"

"Just ignore them, they're having a moment," Namjoon said to the manager, who gave him a confused nod.

"We should be arriving in a few moments," the manager said. "If everyone could be quiet while I focus on trying to not get us lost, that would be great."

"Oh my gosh hyung, you're turning into Namjoon," Yoongi said. "Turning down the radio to see better."

"Oh, be quiet."

Namjoon glanced back to see Yoongi smirking at him. Next to him, Hoseok had fallen asleep. The others were surprisingly quiet.

He sighed and turned back to face the front. He couldn't wait to eat.

------

The food was great. Namjoon could swear, sometimes when he ate good food, he felt like he was ascending straight through the gates of heaven. You know when your favourite food is right in front of you and you just can't wait to dig in? That's what he felt when the waiter finally came around with their food.

"I love this," Jimin said. "If there's anything I remember from my life, this is it."

"What?" Namjoon asked. "Food?"