Namjoon in Danger 2

Original request by lovetoreadbts

--------

The list of things that had happened to Namjoon were long. Among the chaos and confusion, one truth became obvious.

Namjoon would never walk again.

His spine had broke when one of the ceiling beams had fell on him. He was lucky to have survived.

Yoongi saw him a few days after the incident had occurred. Stitches and casts littered Namjoon's body. His legs were bent out of shape, probably never to return to their original shape and form. His dimples wouldn't show up as prominently as before now that there were large cuts on his face that would leave scars.

Yoongi thought he knew what sadness was. But this... this hurt more than anything he had ever felt before. This sadness was deep, coming from inside. The young rapper he had met so long ago, his leader who had fought for their group to exist, the person who Yoongi could talk to anything about was fighting for his life. The rapper knew, he knew so damn well that it could be worse. Namjoon could've died straight away. Namjoon was alive, that's what mattered. Yoongi knew that.

But maybe Namjoon was better off dead than alive like this, struggling and gasping to survive as his lungs strained to get in air.

Yoongi could feel his angry tears crawl down his face as the hospital staff pulled him away after visiting hours ended.

He wanted to stay with Namjoon. He wanted to hold his hand and dry his tears. Yoongi didn't want Namjoon to be alone, he wanted to sit by his side and soothe him.

But rules were rules. And the rules were that no visitors were allowed to stay after 8 pm.

---------

Hoseok got to his feet to open the front door. The doorbell had just rung and the dancer was the only one who was even capable of getting up.

Bang PD had arranged all of them to get a temporary dorm, one that looked nothing like their old one. The members hated it. None of their old things had survived the blast and they felt like they were alive with no purpose. Namjoon was still fighting for his life, and they couldn't do anything to help him.
The place they stayed at was much smaller as well. There were only two bedrooms, one bathroom, a tiny kitchen and a living/dining room area. Yoongi, Jin and Jimin took one room and Hoseok, Jungkook and Taehyung took up the other. They only had mattresses to sleep on, their beds having long gone.

The feeling in the "dorms" was empty. Nobody dared to talk, except the soft reassuring whispers that were said when somebody burst into tears.

Jungkook spent most of his time on his phone. Jin knew him well enough to know that was the way the maknae hid his emotions.

Yoongi didn't talk to anybody. He neither cried nor ate. It seemed like he had ran into a brick wall and now had no idea where to go. His eyes were blank. Every day, he left early to sit beside Namjoon's still body, hold his hand and stroke his face. Those were the only times that Yoongi talked - to Namjoon. The rapper rambled about all of the world's problems and how their whole life had been flipped upside down, to the leader.

Jimin and Taehyung were the most openly emotional. They had nightmares most nights and Hoseok and Jin had to calm them down. Both of the '95 liners hadn't visited Namjoon, something that Yoongi had screamed at them about.

"Don't you guys care about him?!" the rapper had burst out.

That hadn't been a good day.

Jin, the eldest, thought differently. He knew that Namjoon would never be able to walk again, but he knew Namjoon would recover, still be that goofy dork who they all knew. Jin thanked the heavens that the leader was alive. Though he tried his best to stay positive, he broke down often, realizing the true impact of how much pain the leader would go through.