Light and Sound 2

Original request by MyLovLyWorLd

Part 2 request by @mafe_ocamon

warning: mentions of sexual assault + descriptions of injury

-------

There was a loud noise. Namjoon jumped. The nights alone at the hospital scared him. He didn't know any of the hospital staff that well. He couldn't see their faces clearly, just like he hadn't been able to see the faces of the people who did... that to him. He couldn't think about the word clearly. It felt shameful. Like he had to hide it from the rest of the world. People close to him knew though. The members knew, his family members knew, some of his friends did too. Most of them were nothing but nice to him. But Namjoon felt the need to be embarrassed.

His head still hurt from the concussion he had gotten two weeks earlier. The bruises and the cuts had mostly healed. His broken nose had more or less gotten better. The nose brace had been taken off a few days earlier. It sometimes hurt, but it wasn't too bad. The biggest issue was his stab injury to his side. He had gotten surgery to repair the internal injuries it had caused. He had been given a blood transfusion too. It was okay. Everything was healing. The stitches still hadn't been removed, but there hadn't been any infections. Everything was fine. He could walk around slowly. It was a bit of a struggle.

The kidnappers were in police custody. They weren't going to hurt Namjoon ever again.

The members were so careful around him. None of them cracked a joke around him. It was always serious business with him. They carefully avoided the topic of the kidnapping. They always told meaningless stories about meaningless things. Namjoon appreciated their efforts.

A therapist had been booked for him. Namjoon wasn't supposed to know that, but he had heard the others talking about it one day. It was embarrassing.

-------

Yoongi put his arm around Namjoon's waist. Namjoon jumped. Yoongi mumbled a small "sorry" and pulled his arm away.

Walking around hurt Namjoon a lot for whatever reason. He couldn't straighten out his back properly because otherwise his side would start to hurt. He had to hunch over and walk differently, but that hurt his back, so there wasn't really any reprieve from the pain. He had been forced to walk up and down the hallway, with Yoongi's help. Namjoon had managed to do it, but now he was thankful that he was done.

"How are you feeling today Joon?" Yoongi asked when Namjoon was safely back into his bed.

"Good."

"You're going to be released soon! Aren't you excited?"

Namjoon nodded. "I'm excited," he mumbled.

"You're going to stay with your parents, right?"

"Yeah."

Yoongi nodded as well. He was always so calm and gentle. Namjoon admired that about him. Always so understanding.

"I'm scared," Namjoon said quietly. "What if other people find out?"

"We're going to do our best to hide what happened," Yoongi said. "I'm willing to pay reporters myself to make them stay quiet. But in the end... if they do find out, remember that you did nothing wrong Namjoon."

"Mmhm."

Namjoon fell silent. He worried that he was being too boring towards Yoongi, but he genuinely couldn't think of anything to say. His mind was blank. A steady, throbbing pain at his side kept him alert. Yoongi didn't seem to be fazed.