Peace and Calm

Requested by ikilli and @AysegulTonyali

Minjoon

-------

There was a dark cloud hanging over him. Whenever he thought about the future, he got anxious. He didn't know what was to come and it all got too much. He had always thought of himself as an organized person, or at least an eloquent one, but he was neither now. All he got to do was worry.

It was a struggle to hide it from the others. They had a habit of being overly inquisitive and could figure out anything. Then a long list of extensive questions would follow, something that Namjoon wasn't ready to deal with. He had enough to deal with anyway.

Sometimes though, he wished someone could just comfort him. Maybe just hold him and listen to what he had to say. No advice. Just a listening ear.

Don't get him wrong, he knew the others were capable of doing that. But he was scared.

He was okay though. No worries.

-------

"I want this to be done for next week."

Namjoon nodded at the producer's words. He watched the others did the same. He didn't bother commenting on the persistent gnawing inside of him. If the others could deal with it, so could he.

"Is it just for this track or all of them?" Hoseok asked.

"Oh goodness, just this one. I don't want you all to be overworking yourselves," the producer said. She laughed. Hoseok chuckled along.

Namjoon stared down at his laptop. He needed to start working. There wasn't much in his head. Everything had turned into an anxious mess. Still, he opened up the text program and started to think of something to write. They had said this song was supposed to be sad - trust me, Namjoon knew what that was like - but he couldn't put anything into words. He looked around at the others. It didn't seem like they were getting much done either.

He sighed.

"Does anyone know what we're supposed to do?" Jimin asked. "Everything went right above my head."

"We have to write some trial lyrics for this hypothetical song that is going to be about something sad," Taehyung said. "The problem is, I don't know what the song even sounds like."

"Me neither!"

"Same here."

"I have some old stuff that I can use," Jin said. He shrugged. Namjoon heard him clicking around on his laptop, then sigh loudly. "Oh sorry guys, looks like I deleted everything."

"Good to hear that you're on the same page as us," Hoseok said.

"Shut up."

Namjoon buried his face in his hands. The others bickered on, their enthusiasm unmatched. He wanted to join in. But he was so overwhelmed that his mind was swirling.

Oh, what to do?

-------

He heard the microwave ding. Then ding again. Then again and again. Whoever had set it wasn't turning it off. Namjoon sighed.

Taehyung glanced at him curiously.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

Namjoon shook his head. "Just... the microwave, it's annoying."

Taehyung tilted his head. He listened intently. He could hear the microwave but it sounded far away, nowhere near loud enough to be a serious nuisance. Then he heard someone open and close the microwave. Everything fell silent once more.