Until The Very End 1

Requested by r-kive_04, Kaisahsparkle, and dimplessjoon

warning: blood

-------

There was tension in the air. It was just five o'clock and instead of lounging in his room,
Namjoon found himself in the living room, tied up in an argument. Unfortunately, today, it seemed like everyone was against him.

The issue on the table? They were going to have a showcase in a couple of weeks. There were new dances to learn and songs to nail down, and Namjoon figured that it would be better to just push the whole showcase back. That way, everyone would be more relaxed. Nobody would have to rush. Namjoon was stressed. He would love it if it was pushed back. He figured everyone else would too.

"Why did you tell the managers to push it back?" Jimin asked.

"We pulled all-nighters to learn the dances, and now we might end up forgetting it because it's pushed so far back," Hoseok said.

Yoongi sat down at the dining table, his face showing his disdain. "Look, I have no issue with you doing this, but my only thing is, why didn't you ask any of us?"

"What do you mean?" Namjoon asked.

"Doesn't our opinion count? Our input? Or is it that the leader gets to decide everything? Is this a democracy? Namjoon, I get that you meant well, but you need to take our opinions into account as well. I thought we were a team."

"Exactly," Jimin said.

The others expressed their agreement. Namjoon turned to see all of them nodding and sighing. Great. Nobody was on his side.

Even he himself felt a sinking feeling of regret. Yoongi was right. He should've asked.

"This is stupid. I had already told my friends that I was going to be free so I could hang out with him. But no," Taehyung said. He glared down at his feet. Namjoon knew that the glare was meant for him.

Jin shrugged. "Looks like we'll be busy for a lot longer."

"We get a couple weeks off now," Namjoon said.

"Yeah, like two weeks!" Hoseok said. "And then we have to do the schedules that we could've already gotten done!"

"I would much rather have a longer break than a random two weeks in the middle of nowhere," Jungkook said.

Namjoon sighed. Fine. This was what it was going to be like, it seemed. Nobody bothered to see it from his perspective. Honestly, he'd been trying to make their lives easier.

"Suit yourselves," he muttered as he stormed off to his room.

He didn't catch Jin's yelled insult.

-------

Seriously, Namjoon had thought that the members would be okay with him after a little while. That this disagreement would only last a couple weeks at most, and then they would be back to normal again. Everyone had disagreements sometimes.

But this issue had grown into a bigger one, which was a constant assessment of Namjoon's leadership abilities. The others doubted him now. Namjoon could feel their judgement all the time. It was stifling.

They ignored him. They only talked to him if they had some issue, and even only if they absolutely had nobody else to turn to.

So when Namjoon started to get these horrible headaches in the mornings, he chose not to tell them. They probably wouldn't care. They would probably turn it into a long lecture or argument.