Going Downhill

Requested by AlinaAK47

-------

"It's sweltering," Jungkook commented. "I want to take all my clothes off and jump in a pool."

Nobody laughed.

The members had a long schedule ahead of them today. The morning was going to be spent doing an interview, then an outdoor photoshoot for the afternoon, and then filming more content for their show in the evening. Namjoon had tried to get as much sleep as he could the night before.

On top of everything, it was way too hot outside. The sun was beating down like there was no tomorrow and the air was dry. Namjoon started having trouble breathing after being outside for ten minutes. The outdoor photoshoot was going to be a nightmare.

The members were heading towards the studio where their interview was going to take place. They had air conditioning on in their car at full blast.

"You're so stupid. You could just stay inside in the air conditioning," Yoongi mumbled.

"Right."

Namjoon leaned back into his seat and closed his eyes. Everybody else was strangely quiet today. Other than Jungkook, none of them had started any conversations. Jimin was half-asleep though. Maybe they wanted to let him get some rest.

-------

When they arrived there, they were quickly ushered into the building. The air conditioning inside was a welcome relief for all of them. They were taken to a big studio where there was a couch set up. The interviewer came in a moment later, and introduced himself.

They were also given lemonade. Another assistant ran around to serve them. Namjoon figured that it was probably because it was hot outside. Taehyung drank his drink quickly, finishing it within two minutes. Namjoon drank his the slowest. He wanted to savor the feeling. The lemonade was quite lovely.

Other than that, it was quiet.

Namjoon could feel the sweat freezing inside his jacket. It felt so good to feel something cold on his skin.

The lemonade tasted unlike any other lemonade that he had had before. It was a bit more bitter than it usually was. Namjoon liked this kind.

-------

"Is your lemonade bitter too?" Namjoon asked Jin as they headed over to the interview room.

Jin got a blank look on his face. "Bitter?"

"Mine was really bitter." Namjoon shrugged. "I really liked it."

"Lemonade isn't usually bitter."

"But mine was."

Jin didn't crack a smile. He just nodded and patted Namjoon's back. "Nice to know."

Namjoon wanted to keep talking, but they didn't have the time to. As soon as they got to the interview room, they had to get serious. The cameras had been set up. Four of the members - Jin, Namjoon, Jimin and Yoongi - got to sit on the couch. The other three had to stand behind them.

-------

He didn't know when it exactly started, but by the start of the first break, Namjoon was starting to feel weird. Answering the interview questions were starting to get difficult. He was getting tired too.

"It's still so hot," Hoseok grumbled.

Namjoon nodded, trying to hide his discomfort. It was probably due to the hot weather that he was so uncomfortable, he figured.