Hiding the Truth

Requested by @Ur_Average_Goldfish

---------

Bang PD's name showed up on the screen when Namjoon picked up his ringing phone.

The leader sighed internally. The producer was a nice man, but he sometimes wasn't aware of the number of times he called Namjoon in a day.

"Hello, PD-nim?"

"Yeah," the producer's voice crackled through the phone. "Would you be able to come for a short meeting tomorrow at 6 am? I found some new lyrics that you wrote and I think they would be perfect for a song that Jin wrote. So yeah, see you then. Bye."

Namjoon sat there in shock for a few moments. Bang PD hadn't even given him an opportunity to talk!

He shrugged and tried to fall back asleep. Today was the first day in the week so far when he could finally get a good night's sleep. All the other times, he was trapped in his studio, trying desperately to squeeze lyrics and melodies out of his head. Got a bit tiring after a while.

"Hyung, are you awake?" Tae's voice came from the other side of the room. His voice sounded strangely quiet and timid.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I-I I don't know, just had a nightmare or something." the second maknae had come to stand near Namjoon's bed. His eyes were big and wide and his arms clutched his pillow around his front. When he saw that the leader had noticed him, he ran forward to engulf Namjoon into a big hug. "It was so scary hyung! All of us had gotten kidnapped and you were being forced to do these awful things-"

"I'm being forced to hug you, but then again here we are-"

Tae giggled at Namjoon's words. "I hate you so much hyung. Can... I sleep beside you?"

The leader grinned. He knew this question was going to come up soon. "Of course you can. You don't even need to ask."

Placing his pillow at the headboard of the bed, Tae stretched out his legs. Namjoon crumpled down beside him. When the second maknae hugged him for a second time, the leader could feel the sincerety and desperation in Tae's grip. Namjoon was so lucky to have a person like him in his life.

"Hyung, they were killing us..." an audible sob left Tae's porcelain lips as he talked into Namjoon's shoulder. "They tied Yoongi to a chair and-"

"We're safe now. Don't worry about what happened in the dream because that wasn't real." Namjoon said softly.

When Tae pulled back to look at him, tears were glistening in his eyes. Tae nodded as he quickly tried to wipe his tears away.

"And TaeTae? If you have anymore nightmares, wake me up and tell me okay?"

Tae nodded again. He lifted his leg up to rest on Namjoon's hip as he buried his face back into his chest. It was the most elaborate hug the leader had ever been in.

The blanket draped like a shawl over their bodies, the two members fell asleep together quickly.

--------

"Oh man, what time is it?" Tae yelped as he removed himself from the tangle of sheets. "Yikes, it's already 8:49! Practice starts at 9:15!"

Namjoon forced his eyes open as Tae shook him. As soon as his eyes hit the light coming from the open window, a pounding pain from his head made him almost crash back into his pillow. He hadn't had a headache this bad in ages. The second maknae must not have realized, because he shook the leader harder.

"Wake up hyung! I don't want choreographer-nim yelling at us for being late again! You remember last time when Yoongi hyung-"

Namjoon wasn't sure he would even be capable of getting up and brushing his teeth, let alone dancing, but he let Tae pull him up into a sitting position.