Obsession 2

Original request by AlinaAK47

warning: blood

-------

"Ow."

Namjoon winced.

He glanced at his reflection in the bathroom mirror. There was dried blood on the side of his face.

The panic hadn't slowed down. His heart was still beating quickly, and he felt like he was on edge. He wondered if the person was still outside, trying to find him. He wondered where his phone was.

Namjoon sighed. He leaned forward to turn the tap on. Splashing water onto his face stung even more. It also resulted in water spilling everywhere. Namjoon sighed again, louder.

He was going to lose his mind.

Sitting down heavily on the floor, he put his head in his hands. What a kind of mess had he got himself into?

"Namjoon hyung, don't stay up too late!" Jimin called as he walked past his door, heading to his own room to sleep.

"Yeah!"

Namjoon hoped Jimin didn't hear how his voice quavered.

He didn't. Otherwise Jimin would've said something, but the footsteps didn't stop. Namjoon sighed.

He decided to take a shower. That would wash all the blood off of his body.

Namjoon carefully got to his feet. Taking his shirt off was a lot harder than it usually was. His arms were too tired to slide it off.

Eventually, he did manage to get it off but he was so winded after, that he had to sit down again. Namjoon tried to take deep breaths.

He was alone in the bathroom. Nobody was watching him anymore.

After nearly ten minutes, Namjoon finally got into the shower. Soaking his hair in the cold water sent electric shocks down his spine. He hadn't anticipated the cuts to sting that badly. Namjoon had to cling onto the shower handle to keep from crying out.

Tears welled up in his eyes. Why did he have to go through this?

When he looked down, he could see the blood washing away. The back of his head continued stinging anyway.

The tears got stronger and stronger until he was bawling. Namjoon crouched down in the shower. He wrapped his arms around his knees, the shower still pouring on his head.

It had been a stroke of pure luck that enabled him to escape.

Namjoon was so grateful. He was so, so grateful.

He would've stayed longer there, but the water started to make him shiver quick enough. Pretty soon, Namjoon had to get up and out of the shower.

Then put on his pajamas and pretend like everything was perfectly fine.

------

"Why did you call last night?" Hoseok asked. "My phone died before I could answer you properly so... you usually don't call at that hour so-"

Namjoon shook his head, the cuts throbbing. "No, don't worry about that."

"Okay."

Hoseok smiled. "I... now... I kind of feel bad for leaving you alone last night. I hope you understand it wasn't like, you know, because I wanted you to be alone or something, it's just-"

"Yeah, I get it. Don't worry."

"Okay."

Namjoon brought a smile to his face. "Don't worry, I understand."