Dizziness is On

Requested by SmartryZ

-------

Namjoon's water bottle always stayed on the stage during a concert. As a rapper, he had to spit quick verses in mere seconds, and quite often, Namjoon needed water to replenish his mouth. The other members had their water bottles on the stage as well, scattered around at set points on the stage.

Usually, the leader gulped water down after an exhausting choreography or his verse in a difficult song. Today, it was being used for a different purpose.

Today, his water bottle was his lifeline.

It had been becoming a more and more common phenomenon for Namjoon. These days he had been so exhausted that he couldn't move properly and most the time, he ended up also being dreadfully dizzy. The way he had performed through that was more than inspiring - it was a show of how much passion Namjoon had for his job. Most people would've given up at this point.

The hardest parts of performing was making sure he didn't run into anybody else while doing the choreographies. They were exhausting, and sometimes Namjoon wished he could just sit and rap, but his own pride told him no. The others had told him to do whatever he felt like, they knew that whenever this kind of a thing happened to Namjoon, it could get serious. They had all been a little concerned when the leader insisted that he would perform, but there wasn't anything they could say.

This was their only concert in a long time so Namjoon figured he could last. It was only a bit of dizziness. He would survive.

Namjoon had managed to survive all of their difficult dances in the beginning, and now they were just running around the stage, singing their B-side songs. Well, the others were running. He was just standing in one spot and trying not to collapse. When he looked at the others, he felt a little jealous. He wished he could run around and be silly without being dizzy.

Tipping his water bottle into his mouth, he relished the feeling of the cool water. His forehead was wet with sweat, his clothes sopping wet. Namjoon hated being sweaty. Though many of the fans would argue that he looked amazing, he felt it was disgusting.

The water wasn't coming fast enough. Namjoon tipped the bottle more into his mouth, throwing his head back. The rest of his water dripped into his mouth, their cold drops hitting his parched tongue. His bottle was empty. Namjoon tried not to panic. He probably would survive the rest of the concert without a water break, there was only one more song after this one. He had already drank so much water, hopefully it wouldn't have any effect on him.

But as his knees started to wobble from standing too long, Namjoon felt the first twinge of anxiety clawing at his chest. He told himself, sternly, "You're not going to collapse." This was the only concert they had to do and Namjoon was not going to ruin it. The others had worked hard and he wasn't going to be the one to destroy all of it.

His throat hurt when he tried to swallow. He wondered if he was even going to be able to rap in the next song as his mouth was so dry. Just next to him, he saw Jimin's water bottle - full to the top. Namjoon wanted to reach out, reach out and drink it all. He wanted to be able to swallow without his throat running a knife across itself, but he stopped himself. Jimin needed his water too. The mochi was running around the stage nonstop, waving to fans, singing happily, there was no doubt that he would be tired after this song. No matter how thirsty and dehydrated Namjoon was, he wasn't going to take any of the others' water. It wasn't their fault that he had finished his water bottle so many times.

Jungkook noticed the leader fumbling with his empty water bottle and he immediately went to his side. As he sang his lines to the cheering audience, the maknae offered his full bottle to Namjoon. Jungkook held it out expectantly, he knew the leader was close to overheating, and water was the only way to get him to cool down. To his surprise, Namjoon shook his head no.