Taking Action

I've been gone for about two weeks, training and trying to find out where the event will happen. I haven't contacted anyone at home for fear of my mom or anyone else for that matter, tracking me. For these past two weeks my powers have grown stronger, but I know that whatever I'm going to face is going to be more powerful than I. I've been researching every creature in the book my mom wrote and analyzing every single detail of my visions.

I know that the person that captured Sophia knows me very well and is someone I least expect to do this. They also know where this place is and may or may not be in the book. 'I wish I could control when to see visions.' Just then a thought comes to mind.

"Ariel," I say and picture her right before me. The protector white-lighter appears and smiles knowingly.

"I was waiting for when you would call me," she said.

"How'd you know I was going to call?"

"I've known since I met you. You need me to answer your questions am I correct?"

"Yes I am trying to find out who's going to betray me and my family with no such luck. I need to see more of the vision. There are many things left out."

"Melody... visions are very complicating. You can't see more of a vision unless destiny allows it." I hitch my breath. 'The Angel of Destiny' Another question comes to mind.

"Is it possible for a royal to have another destiny?"

"It is a rare case, but yes. Why do you ask?"

"No reason, it just came to my mind. Is my father of high order? I didn't get the chance to ask him."

"Maybe you should ask him yourself. It is not my place to answer that question."

"You're taking me back aren't you?" I ask, realizing my mistake of revealing where I am.

"Melody, you've been gone for two weeks and your parents are worried. We think you've had enough time to do whatever it is you're doing. They can't wait any longer."

.

.

.

When I materialize into the dining room of the palace, someone engulfs me in a bone-crushing hug. Mom. "Where were you? we were worried sick. Why'd you leave so suddenly? I can' believe we had to force Ethan to tell us. Are you hurt anywhere?" Finally I get to see her face. Her eyes are red and puffy. I cringe at the result of what I've done.

"I'm sorry mom I just had to be alone for a while to prepare for what is to come."

"Did you have another vision? I thought Rosa told me you said you didn't at the school."

"Yes I had a vision and I can't reveal it without consent. It's very important that I don't tell anyone." Someone pushes through the crowd and engulfs me in another hug. Ethan.

"You kept the promise," he says relieved.

'Yes I did' I mind link back. I pull back with a determined look. I face the crowd.

"I need to speak to everyone who is an ally to this kingdom. This is serious and all our lives are in danger," I say. I cover my mouth with my hand. 'That was not me speaking' Mom turns to me with a concerned look.

'What is it Mel?'

'I can't tell you without consent'

'I understand' Mom comes up to stand beside me and turns to the group. "I will mind-link all the vampires. You will mind-link the white-lighters. We will have a public meeting discussing this matter." I nod and break off from the group. Doing this will require a lot of concentration. Before I teleport to my room I realize something. "Where's dad?" I ask.

'In your room. We have to discuss something', he says. I teleport to my room.

"I already know what question you are going to ask. I'm sorry to say that I cannot tell you until the right time."

"Aren't you mad at me?"

"Yes, but I'd rather be mad than to feel you get hurt. What were you doing this whole time?"

"Training for what is to come. It's going to be something I can't go against alone and that's why I need help from all the allies."

"Okay. Let's begin with the white-lighters."