Paranoia?

"Hey, April!" I said with enthusiasm.

"Hey, girlfriend!"

"So what do you have for classes today?" I ask curiously.

"Physics, English 11, French 4, and Health 2."

"Nice, I need help with my English assignment, let's go," I say and drag her to the Main Hall with benches to sit on. I start looking at my surroundings with anticipation.

"You look anxious Mel," April says with concern. 'What's going on?"

"I feel like I'm being watched," I confess to her.

"Why would someone be watching you? No one knows your mom works with the FBI remember?" She whispers lowly.

"I know, I just can't shake off this feeling..."

"I'm sure you're just nervous for our quiz tomorrow," she says with confidence and after a few long moments, I let go of this feeling for a little while. We don't have class for the first block, but we have to come to school to let the administration know that we showed up and didn't skip school. So we're stuck at school for an hour and a half, sometimes just walking around.

I try to focus in on April as she helps me with my English assignment. We don't have the same teacher, but we have the same English class. April is better at English than me, but I'm better at most of the other classes. Once we're done, we decide to go to the music hall. April likes to hear me play my violin so I go to my instrument locker and quickly take out the case after unlocking it.

"Want to hear my new songs before Jared and the others arrive?" I ask her while taking out the violin. I like to compose music and play it just for fun.

Jared, Kate, Mason, Mariana, and Ethan are the rest of my friends. They are the only ones that know about my mom. for some unknown reason she doesn't want anyone to find out, so her cover story is that she is the CEO of a hospital.

I play one of the music pieces I've been practicing lately. Sometimes I even cover for songs famous people make, it's fun. April smiles at how beautifully I play the music. Finally, the others show up.

"Hey, it took you long enough!" I playfully shout at them, making them chuckle at my outburst.

"It's not funny. We were practically dying of boredom while waiting," I say.

"Well, Jared decided at the last minute that he wanted to bring his guitar literally right when we had almost arrived so we had to go all the way back home," Mariana says with annoyance.

 As you can see, some of us are musicians, however, I want to be a nurse.

"Whatever guys let's go to class," I say. The siblings are always arguing so I'm used it. We start walking towards our class and see the teacher talking to someone I don't know.

"She's going to find out soon enough," Mr. Blane says annoyingly.

"No she's not...not if I can help it," a woman says.

"Shhh," I whisper to my friends and lean into the room a little to see who it is. The others are looking at me expectantly.

"Who is she?" I wonder out loud.

"Oh who cares, let's just go in," Mason says with irritation in his voice. The others file in nonchalantly while April and I slowly follow behind. I glance at the woman. She has long brown hair and has her face set with a menacing look. 'I wouldn't want to be her'. She looks at me with surprise on her face. What's up with her? She quickly walks out of the classroom without another word to Mr. Blane. I can tell he has been looking at me the whole time. What were they talking about? I have a feeling it has something to do with me.