Preparation

All the elite vampire officials, adult/teen vampire royal families, and a few select white-lighters are in the meeting room in groups of status. I notice my whole family is here, along with my friends, Sophia , Cecilia, and both their dads. Many white-lighters stayed behind to keep the realm runnig and secure. The male white-lighters that came are in golden hoodie robes and the women are in white floor length dresses that make them look like goddesses. The women are barefoot, which is weird, but I don't have time to ask about that now. "This is what you wear in your realm?" I whisper to dad next to me.

"Yeah the men don't really have that much fashion sense."

"And the women thankfully do," I comment, "Since you know them and I don't how about you do the speaking?" I say nervously.

"Throwing me in the deep end, great," he mumbles and steps forward along with mom.

The crowd imediately stops talking. "Today we are all here to discuss the danger we are all in, according to Melody."

'It's time' a voice says in my head and somehow I know this is the Angel of Destiny talking. I step forward and speak with a powerful voice I never had.

"A few months ago I had a vision of Sophia Turner.-
I see Sophia look down nervously and fidget.
"She had been captured by werewolves.-everyone collectively gasps except for those who already knew-"I knew that visions are important and that when I have a vision of someone, they are important, so I set out to rescue her..." I let that settle in among everyone.

"After I had rescued her I found out that she is a white-lighter like myself. Later on, I had the same exact vision along with additions to it," I say, leaving out the part about the Angel of Destiny. "Turns out that the vision I had has not happened yet and that it has to happen no matter what." Sophia whimpers and moves closer to her dad.

 "We have called you all here today because this event that will happen is an event that will change most of our lives, though I do not know how or why. Someone I know very well is going to betray both our kingdoms and we have to stop that," I say, my voice breaking at the revelation. Everyone starts murmuring among themselves.

One of the rulers, I'm guessing, of the white-lighters ask,"do you know who will betray us?"

"No I don't. The only way to find out is to let it happen." I leave out the part about the trap, afraid my mom would never let me leave the castle. "We all play an important role in this event and we all need to work together to become powerful enough to stop what we come up against."

The same white-lighter asks,"when is this event going to happen?"

"Very soon. It could be today, tomorrow, or next week. We all need to be alert and prepared. That is all I have to say."

"Vampires will train this week," mom says.

"And white-lighters make sure you're in good health before then. We need to make sure our abilities are accessible at all times. Make sure you don't come into contact with any witches this time, no matter who they are," dad says.
With that, people disperse quickly, starting on their assigned tasks.

"You did a great job," dad says.

"Thanks. Is it just me or has my voice changed?"

"It is true your voice has changed. Pretty soon you'll know why."

"Does this have to do with my destiny?"

"I can't reveal anything just yet," he says and winks. He walks away.

"You were great out there," Ethan says while hugging me from behind. I relax my body and turn around.

"Yeah surprisingly good. I didn't even stutter," I mumble.

"Tired?" He asks.

"Yah. Mind if I go lay down for a minute?" I ask.

"Yes of course. The princess needs her beauty rest," he says with a smirk, knowing I hate being called Princess.

"If you call me that again I'll teleport you to the Sahara desert," I say half tired and half joking. He replies with a cheeky smile. I smile back and teleport to my room. Eager to get some rest, I kick off my flats and climb under the cover without bothering to change.
.
.
.
Sophie shouts for help. I stand here helpless. I want to help her, but I don't know how. When is this going to happen? Is it already too late? The guards, it seems, leave her alone in the cell. I see myself appearing in the cell and trying to break the chains. "No it's a trap!" Sophie shouts. I turn around and can't believe who I see. "Just like I predicted. The Princess comes to save the lost Angel. Now I have twice the convenience of killing the two most important white-lighters in history!" A voice behind me says in triumph. Before I can do anything something hits me in the stomach, sending a stabbing pain through my body. I fall down, helpless.
.
.
.
I wake up screaming from the pain I felt in the vision. I clutch my stomach as the pain lessens. In less than a second, mom and dad appear at my bedside with Ethan following.

"What is it honey? Another vision?" I nod silently, afraid that if I speak I'll just break down. I cry softly and let my tears fall without a care of who sees. Ethan looks at me concerned and kneels at my bedside. My forehead's racked with sweat. My parents leave, knowing I want some alone time. I engulf Ethan in a hug.

"The vision. It's happening tomorrow." He nods in reply.

"Should I go tell the others?"

"No!" I say quickly,"it's better for them not to know so that it could happen the exact way I saw it."

"Mel... I know there's something you're not telling me."

"I know I know. I might not even have to tell you, but just in case, I'll tell you tomorrow."

"Ok," he answers with a worried expression. He knows it won't be something good to hear. I just pray that no matter what happens, everyone else will be okay.