Big Family

*The picture on the side or above is what Melody's big family looks like(I do not own the picture)*

Mel's POV

.

.

.

I slowly open my eyes and take in my surroundings. I bolt up sitting straight and start to panic once I realize I'm not at home.

"You're finally awake," a soothing voice says, beside me. I quickly link it with Ethan's and visibly relax. He's sitting on the chair on the left side of my bed.

"Where are we? How'd I get here?" I question confused.

"One of the guards carried you while we took the journey to come here. We're in your castle."

"Where is here?"

"Oh, we're in another dimension. We're not on earth anymore."

I look through the room and see that it's old fashioned, like from the medieval times. Mom wasn't kidding when she said kingdom.

 This room makes my room seem so small. Even the bed is huge.

"This is your room," Ethan says, answering my unasked question.

"It's so big!" I exclaimed. I then blushed when I see Ethan staring at me.

"So your mom said to meet us downstairs at the dining room when your ready. Dinner's about to start."

Ethan gets up and exits the room through the double doors. I get up and head over to the draped sliding door on the opposite side. I open the curtains and see that there's a balcony and the sun is setting. The town looks stretched out far and I can barely see the forest from here. I wonder if I have vampire enhanced sight. I sigh deeply and walk back to my bed. That's when I notice my belongings are next to it, including my phone and laptop, thankfully. I notice the big clock over my door and see that it's 6:00.

I grab my phone and put it in my back pocket. I'm still wearing the same outfit from morning. Oh well, I'll change later. I open my door slowly bracing for the looks of the house-I mean castle. I see a woman looking down at the floor as she waits for me. Once she senses me exiting the room, she looks up at me and smiles.

"I'm here to bring you to the dining room, Princess Melody," she says.

"Oh ok, what's your name?" I ask.

"Laura," Laura replies.

"Hi Laura," I say smiling. She's already on my good list.

"Let's go shall we?" She says and leads the way. We walk down the really long spiral stairs.

'I should learn how to use my vampire speed. This is so tiring'

Finally, we reach the second floor of the castle. We walk into the dining hall and I immediately stop. Literally every single person stops talking and turn to stare at me. I start feeling anxious and finally, my mom speaks up.

"Hello Melody, come join your friends. They saved you a seat," Mom says cheerily. I quickly walk to my friends and sit down between April and Jared. Mom speeds up to the spot where I was standing and automatically everyone goes silent.

"Everyone, Melody and her friends have returned to our kingdom safely and we have this feast to celebrate. We will protect Melody and treat her as we should, understand?" she says sternly. Everyone claps as my face turns bright red in embarrassment. I've never had this much attention before.

"Awe she's blushing," Jared says and I elbow him hard in the stomach.

"Oof," he gasps, "that hurt!"