Two In One Part 2

Melody's POV
I wake up with fear and pain. For a second I forget where I am. I get up, gasping for breath and pushing my hand against my chest where my heart lies. Why am I feeling all this pain?

A nurse rushes to my side. "Are you okay Princess?" she asks with concern.

"How do you know who I am?" I ask with fear and readiness to start fighting.

"Don't worry you can relax. I am this school's head nurse and I am a witch so I treat all supernatural students. I am also a good friend of your mother so you can trust me." I relax when she says that last sentence.

Then I panic when the reality sets in. "Did you tell my mother of this incident?"

"Why, I was about to-

"Don't. She has a lot on her plate right now let's not stress her out even more," I say quickly.

The nurse reluctantly agrees. "On one condition."

"Anything," I say.

"If you start to feel worse I have to address this to your mother."

"Deal," I say with a frown, "do you know what's wrong with me?"

"Well I'm not quite sure, but I can make a few assumptions. You're either having a panic attack or something is wrong with your cardiovascular system. If it's magic related you are having a vision that causes you to feel what will happen or has happened to yourself or another person in the vision. It's all very complicated explaining the magic-related causes. Are you having visions?"

"No I'm not, but what would happen if I was?" I expertly(or so I think) lie.

"Well as I said before, you could be having painful visions and that means that the vision will come to pass very soon. Sooner than you think. And as for the pain, I am sorry to say that I cannot help you. The pain is there for a reason and it will recur every time you have the same vision. It would take days or months to get used to it."

"I'm not having visions so I don't have to worry about that," I say confidentially, but thinking otherwise.

"In the meantime you should get lots of rest today and take it easy for next week in case this happens again and when or if it does while you're at school come to the office and I will attend to you promptly okay?"

"I'll come if it happens again," I reply and get up from the bed. I meet Ethan slightly pacing out in the waiting room.

"So did the nurse find anything out?" He asks.

"No, but she said I should take it easy for the next week in case it happens again." I take his hand in mine and start walking.

"You're thinking something," he simply states, "do you want to talk about it?"

"Remember when I said that we could only keep secrets if it's an order given by someone of higher status?" I ask.

"Yes I remember it clearly. Is this one of those situations?"

"Yes it is. Do you trust me?" I ask, willing him to say yes. His face turns serious.

"Of course I trust you, but are you going to do something stupid like go looking for something dangerous yourself?" Ethan asks with immediate concern. 'Spot on' I think to myself.

"No I'm not. Whatever I do, trust my decision and don't tell anyone got it?" I ask.

"Ok I got it. Now tell me this. Who gave you this order?"

"Myself," I answer simply, "It's what I have to do."

"Well whatever you do, don't get hurt. I know you won't have a white lighter with you." Ethan abruptly stops and holds me in his arms.

"You're going to leave right now aren't you?" He whispers. I can feel his breath against my cheek.

"Yes," I answer breathy.

"Just in case I don't see you for a long time," Ethan says. I tilt my head up to give him a questioning look. Before I can say anything his lips meet mine, driving us into a passionate kiss in the hallway of Phoenix High. We break away after a minute, panting for breath.

"Don't tell anyone what I'm doing. Not even my parents, although you'll have no choice if they command you," I say a little flushed.

"Don't worry I won't tell a soul, parents exception. Come back soon, safe and sound ok? I don't want you dying on me." I chuckle at his attempt at humor.

"I will come back." I kiss him one more time on the lips and teleport to my family beach house in California. Hopefully my parents won't come after me, since it is a predictable place for me to go.
.
..
...
A/N: What do you think Melody's doing? Has she finally gotten tired of her life as a Princess? Will anything happen to her while she's gone? What will her parents' reactions be? What will happen to Ethan as a result of keeping her secret? Think about the answer to these questions till the next chapter!