Cecilia

"Who are you?" dad asks the monster before us, chained to the wall. When he doesn't say anything, dad punches him. I leave the room, not wanting to watch the torture.

Dad's pissed. It's easy to tell by all the anger he's letting out on the monster. It's been half an hour and he still won't give us his identity. We don't even know his given name. We managed to still keep the secret from mom. Ethan promised, although he didn't like it, to never tell her without my or dad's permission.

I use my vampire speed and go to the kitchen. All this waiting's made me hungry. "Did he release any information yet?" mom asks. She's standing at the counter, making a small snack. Ethan and the others are currently training. Today I am relieved from any training since dad is busy beating up the guy.

"No. He didn't even say a single word. The only thing we know about him is that he impersonates people, no matter what being they are. He can also read my thoughts. How is that possible?"

"We should do some research. I'm sure we'll come up with something." I grab an apple and am about to leave, when mom stops me. "Mel don't forget you have to talk to Cecilia and Sophia again."

"Right," I say while mentally face-palming myself. "How am I supposed to tell Cecelia who she is?"

"Hmm. First ask her if she notices how different she is from other people, without making it sound like you're calling her a freak?" mom asks. That's no help. "I don't know, you can come up with something."

.

.

.

I stand at Cecilia's doorstep contemplating whether I should knock or not. Luckily, someone opens the door before I decide to leave.

"Hi Melody!" Cecelia exclaims.

"You remember my name?" I ask stupidly. Wrong move. Why didn't I just greet her back?

"Of course! The famous vampire princess," she whispers the words vampire princess.

"Sorry to budge in on your life, but I have to talk to you. It's important. Your dad included too."

"Is there something wrong?" she asks with concern.

"No no, there's nothing wrong." I ask, reassuring her with a smile.

"Ok I'll be a moment." She comes back with her dad.

"Hello Mr. Lucien how are you doing?" I ask him.

"I'm doing fine and you?"

"I'm ok. I came here to speak with you and your daughter about something important. You can include your wife if you want, but it's for the best you don't," I say. He takes the hint and realization masks his face.

"Is there a safe place to talk?" I ask.

"Yes. In the woods." Why did he have to say that? I have bad memories involving the woods.

"Ok."

.

.

20 minutes later we arrive at a well in the middle of the woods. Mr. Lucien, or should I say, Oceanus, waves his hands over the well and water flows out. The water comes together and create a large pond.

"How did you do that?" Cecilia asks, mesmerized.

"I'll explain soon. Follow me," he says and steps on the water. He proceeds to go farther and Cecilia follows with an excited expression. I'm not sure whether I should or can. He turns around once he notices me not following. "Don't be afraid. Since I am here I will not let you drown."

I set my foot out on the water and surprisingly, I don't fall in. 'I'm walking on water!' I walk out faster to join them. Once I reach there, we plunge into the water as if something is forcing us to sink deeper and deeper. I gasp in shock and am surprised that I can breath. I can see all kinds of sea creatures swimming by, unnafraid of our presence. We finally come to a stop and our feet land softly on the plush ocean floor, or I think it's the ocean floor.

Cecilia's dad goes straight to the point. "I've been keeping a secret from you ever since you were born and now I have to tell you because Melody thinks it's important."

"So this is why I'm different from everyone else," Cecilia says, getting straight to the point. "You're the god of the ocean and I'm your daughter, except I'm a half nymph. That doesn't make sense. In the greek gods stories you never had a half nymph." I guess I don't have to explain everything.

"Thank you for making this so much easier for me," I tell her sincerely, "I was trying to work up a way to tell you," I confess.

"So you're not mad?" he asks Cecilia.

"No I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed that you never told me who I was for all these years I've been wondering why I liked the ocean so much, or why everyone thought that I was undeniably beautiful (bragger), or why I can breath under water, or why people were jealous of me for whatever reason. I was even too afraid to ask if I'm a mermaid or something, for fear of you or mom calling me crazy." Now if that's not mad, then I don't know what is.

"So you're mad at me," dad says.

"Nope, just disappointed. Now I have one important question to ask you. Whatever happened to your greek wife?" Cecilia asks, curiously. Her dad's face turns dark.

"Forget I asked," she says quickly.

"So is everything sorted out now?" I ask her dad.

"No. Not yet. Why is this matter so important that you had to come and bring it up?" her dad asks with worry laced in his tone.

"I don't know if your daughter told you this, but I am a royal vampire. Anyone I am involved with has their life on the line, especially those who are very important to their kind."

"So you're saying that since my daughter has talked to you, she is in danger?"

"Yes. Any enemy could use her as a victim to get whatever they want from me. They know I would do anything to keep my friends and family safe. Your daughter is at more risk because she's half a water nymph, a royal creature of the ocean. Yours and her duty is to protect the ocean. I don't know how they'll use that against me, but it's possible."

"Thank you for telling us this valuable information. I'll keep an eye on her."

"No. Thank you for understanding."

.

.

"So did you talk to both Sophia and Cecilia?"

"Yeah," a little white lie can't hurt. She can't know about the vision.

"Well I'm off to work. Have a great day," mom says and hugs me goodbye.

A/N

Sorry this is a filler chapter.