My Destiny

Today is the big day...The day I see I see my maker...Today is the day I die.

I sit at the family dining table. I shuffle around my breakfast, losing my appetite by the second from thinking about my own death and avoiding my parents' eyes as much as I can.

"Mel are you all right?" Mom asks.

"Yes. Why wouldn't I be?" I ask without looking up from my plate.

"You're not eating your food..." I stab some prices and put it in my mouth. Mom sighs.

"Is it something you want to talk about?" I shake my head no.

"Well, I have news that will cheer you up," she suggests. I look up at the same time dad looks at her. He must know what she's talking about and they seem to be having a silent conversation with each other. Dad then clears his throat.

"We're having another baby," he says quickly, obviously uncomfortable.

"That's great!" I say with genuine happiness. But then it quickly fades. I'll be dead before the baby's even born. Dad senses my mood.

"We don't have to if-

"No no it's fine. You guys can have a baby it's your decision," I say sincerely.

"Then why are you upset?" Mom asks.

"It's just the whole event. Thinking about it makes me upset," I half lie.

"Ok," she replies, clearly unconvinced.

"May I excuse myself?" I politely ask.

I teleport straight to the training room without waiting for an answer. I need to start training now despite what I know will happen regardless. I start on the weapons and then switch to my powers. All my powers and abilities seem to be working and I haven't been in contact with any witches. Even though I should be ready I'm not even close. Not mentally anyway. On my walk back to the dining room I hear a door bang open. I focus in on the sound and hear Sophie's dad. I teleport straight to where he is.

"They took my daughter! She's gone!"

"Where did they take her?" Mom asks.

"I don't know. All she told me was that Melody will know and then I ended up here." Everyone turns to me. I replay the vision in my head even though it hurts.

"I know where," I say with the unfamiliar authority voice, "Assemble all those who will be accompanying me."
.
.
.

"Whatever happens, don't interfere with what I'm doing." We're at the werewolf/witch territory from my vision.

I signal everyone to take their posts. I listen in on the building using my hypersensitive ears. "They're here," a masculine voice says. That's my cue.

I mind-link everyone to commence with our plan. While everyone bursts in, I go to the one place I remember from my vision. When I appear in front of Sophie, she flinches on instinct. "Melody what are you doing here?!" she whisper screams.

"Fulfilling part of my destiny," I say and do exactly what I did in the vision. I know now why I had this vision. I have to save Sophia, and the only way for me to do it, I don't know. I know she will live no matter what happens, she has a special future ahead of her.

"You have a great future ahead of you. It's not your time to die yet." With that said, I teleport into the cell and attempt to break the chains. My hands burn and I pull it back, hissing in pain.
"No it's a trap!" Sophie shouts all too late. Before I know it metal chains appear on my arms, locking them in place.
"What the-" I was cut off by a menacing laugh.

"I finally caught the great Princess. And even better, the lost angel!" an all too familiar voice says. I slowly turn around and I cannot believe my eyes.

The person who stands before me is none other than Ethan!

Wait.

That's not Ethan...
I outwardly groan. We should of executed that impersonator in the first place. "Nice try, I know Ethan and you are not Ethan."

"Well, it was worth a try," he replies.

"Look buddy, I would love to stall and chat, but I have a potential angel to save and you are just wasting my time. Just go on ahead and kill me already."

"Thanks for the invitation," he said while pulling out a gun, probably filled with silver bullets. Hopefully my white-lighter genes will overpower the vampire genes, 'cause there's no way I'll survive this.

Everything happens in slow motion. Suddenly I hear a sound so loud it's piercing my soul. Just as I fall down crumpled, I realize it's Sophie screaming. Just the perfect trigger for the perfect plan. All the vampires regroup and arrive in the area in a flash, including dad. "Nooo!" He screams and teleports right next to me. Sophie drops to my side. "Don't kill him yet," I command. Everyone looks at me, shocked at what I just said.

Sophie and dad start to heal me, but I protest. "No. Trust me. You can reveal yourself now. This is how it has to happen." I reach out my hand to dad's heart.

A bright light emanates from my hands and a surge of power flows through me. I reach out to Sophie and she grabs my hand. I wait for the moment he shoots her. Once I hear the loud bang, I call out all of the strength and power I have left and pour it into her.

"You are now an angel," I say with authority, "use your power wisely." White light engulfs her and consumes her. She makes a miraculous transformation and sprouts magnificent angel wings. The gun wounds disappear from her body, making her skin completely flawless. "Thank you for saving my life," she says. The light continues to engulf her and she disappears along with it.

I turn my head to the impersonator. "And as for you, go to hell," I say with anger, and to my surprise, the idiot actually catches fire. He flails around to no avail. All that's left of him is ashes.

"No," Dad says silently, "you still have a destiny. You can't die on me now. What about your sister?" His voice cracks.

"Take good care of her and let her know I will always love her. I love my whole family. Don't you ever forget that." Those were my parting words. Somehow I know that this won't be the last you'll hear from me.
THE END...

A/N
Wow. I never planned my book to end this way, but it has to end some way, right? Anyway, please don't kill me so before you start freaking out(if you're not already), I have more to say. There might be a sequal or prologue, I'll let you faithful readers make the decision :) Until then!