Surprise

The devil is here. In my castle. I knew this was going to happen.

"So it seems like you guys already know each other," Queen Chastity says.

"I wouldn't call it that," Drake comments, "we didn't even meet."

"So Chastity(the devil's mom), who's this lovely young lady?" mom says, looking at Celeste.

"This is Celeste, my daughter. She was away at boarding school when we met. This year she decided to go to public school."

"Should've stayed in boarding school," I muttered under my breath not enough for the other queen to notice, but enough for my mom to hear. She gives me a disappointed look. She then turns back to Chastity and resumes the conversation.

"How is it going in your kingdom?"

"It's going fine. No problems yet..." I tune out their voices for who knows how long until mom brings me back to earth. "Mel why don't you give Celeste and Drake a tour?" mom asks me. I give her a pleading look that doesn't budge her. I inwardly groan and get up, walking out of the dining room, expecting them to follow me. Once I get out of earshot range I abruptly stop.

"Instead of me giving you guys a tour, you guys can just leave if you want. I have some buisiness to attend to," I say nonchalantly.

"Fine whatever. I'm out," Celeste says and starts to walk away.

"Aren't you going to follow her?" I ask Drake, folding my hands over my chest.

He ignores my question. "So what things do you do out of school?" He asks me.

"Why do you want to know?" I ask.

"Just making conversation. There's nothing else to do." And that's how I ended up giving him a tour of the palace.

"The dungeon is down there," I say as I point down at the floor. "And no, I don't know if there are any prisoners down there. I've never been down there..."

We ascend to the top floor and I start to tour the area, when Ethan shows up. He walks up to me and engulfs me in a hug. I blush at the sudden gesture I'm not used to yet. Drake just stands there staring.

"You can let me go now," I whisper to Ethan and he hesitantly lets me go. "This is Ethan. Ethan, this is Drake," I introduce them to each other.

"Nice to meet you Drake," Ethan says in a not so nice way and shakes Drake's hand with a death grip.

"Likewise," Drake says in the same way. They stare each other down intently. I brush it off as manly greetings.

"I was just showing Drake around because he had nothing to do," I explain to Ethan. Ethan just stares him down even more.

"I guess we're done with the tour now," I tell Drake, not wanting to make Ethan even more mad.

"I'll just go and see if we're ready to leave," Drake says awkwardly and walks back downstairs.

"What was that about?" I ask Ethan, demanding an explanation.

"Nothing."

I raise my eyebrows. "You're jealous," I declare.

"No I'm not. Well, maybe I am. So what? I can't be jealous that my girlfriend is talking to another guy?" he says, defending himself.

"No you can't, but it's cute so I'll let it slide." I smile at him as he makes a pouty face. He picks me and starts swirling me. I squeal and erupt in laughter. I could sense Drake lurking around, but I ignore it, enjoying the moment.

"Put me down," I say and squeal as he throws me up in the air and catches me. I laugh even more and start to run out of breath. Ethan senses this and finally puts me down. my image is going in swirls.

"Whoa," I say as my vision slowly starts to go back to normal. Ethan hugs me from the back. "You're stronger than I thought. I didn't know anyone could hold this much weight."

"You'd be amazed what I can do," he says and smirks, winking at me.

"Oh?" I ask mischievously. he raises his eyebrows. Just before he figures out what I'm about to do, I use my amazing vampire speed and zoom out of the castle. He follows suit. We play a game of tag for a while and I start to get tired, slowing down.

"Tag!" he shouts as he tags me.

"That's not fair, I'm tired," I complain.

"Hey what's not fair is that I was playing against a half white-lighter."

"Whatever I'm tired lets go back," I say, completely swamped. We walk back to the castle in a slow pace.

'Ugh they're still here' I internally groan. "Hey you go ahead I'll meet you there," I say, getting an idea. Ethan hesitates. "C'mon just go I'll be fine." Finally he leaves.

I wait until he's out of earshot, then I turn back around and go to explore the village. There are houses circling together and in the middle is a bonfire pit. I walk closer to the houses and see some women hanging up their clothes. 'This really is the medieval times'

Some people see me and stare with curiosity. A little girl comes up to me and asks me sweetly, "Are you the Princess?"

"Yes I am," I say with a sincere smile, "you're very pretty." I kneel down to her height.

"Thank you miss," the little girl replies.

"What's your name?" I ask.

"Delanie," the little girl replies.

"That's a beautiful name," I compliment her. She giggles in return.

'Mel sweetie are you still in this dimension?' mom asks.

"Well Delanie, I have to go back now. I'll come back soon this week ok?" I promise her.

"Ok. I can't wait to give you a tour of the village!" She exclaims excitedly. I chuckle and kiss her cheek good-bye.

'Yeah I am' I reply back. I wave good-bye to the little cutie and use my vampire speed to get back home.

.

.

"Remember what I said about your manners?"

"Yes I remember." Mom sighs.

"I'm sorry I couldn't help it. I won't do that again near you. Plus, I wasn't that bad was I?"

"At least you didn't insult the queen. Anyway, did you forget about Cecilia and Sophia?"

'How could I?'

"No. I was just thinking. ...we should have another meeting with both of them."

"Alright I will set up a date and time and let you know."

"Thanks, " I reply, "Do you know where Ethan is?" Mom raises her right eyebrow.

"What?" I ask, creeped out by the look.

"Oh, nothing. He's in his room." I walk quickly upstairs, confused by mom's look.

.

.

"Ethan?" I ask as I peer in his room. I don't sense him in the room. Instead, I sense something else. Something unfamiliar.

"Ethan?" I ask, suddenly afraid.

"Yes?" A masculine voice answers behind me. I jump and hold back a scream as I quickly turn around. Luckily it's Ethan.

"What's wrong?" He asks, finally seeing the look of fright on my face.

"Someone or something's in your room." I hear door creek and quickly turn around.

"Stay behind me," Ethan orders and pushes me behind him. Huh that's funny. Shouldn't I be saying that? If you know what I mean. I eagerly do as he says and stay quiet. We walk slowly to the source of the sound. Once we reach the bathroom door we stop. Ethan suddenly opens the door and we see...