Concerns

James(Melody's dad) POV
I've been torturing the beast that tried to kill my daughter. So far I've got nothing from him. I know he's working with someone else. He's a legend and there is no name for him. I know he can easily escape this and go after her again, but he's willing to stay. The torment is doing nothing to him. He's testing my limits.

"Look if you don't tell me why you're here or who sent you I will break you to the point of no return," I snarled at him. I am not going to lose to this monster.

"Just give it up. We both know you're not hurting me," he says with a smirk, You'll know my name...soon enough." And with that, he vanishes. I picked up the closest chair to me and throw it across the cell. I storm out and called the head commander.

"Burne!" Burne quickly arrives to my side.

"Yes your majesty?" he says.

"Get twenty of your best soldiers and find that man," I commanded.

"Yes sir," Burne says and quickly leaves to start his mission.

 My stomach releases the sound of a dying whale. Damn. I'm hungry.

I head to the kitchen to satisfy my cravings. After I'm done I head to my bedroom. I can sense Rina's already in there. I open the door unannounced, knowing that she's expecting me.

"We need to talk about Mel," she voices her concern. I walk up to her and hold her in my arms.

"Yes we do," I reply and wait for her to continue.

"I feel that she's no safer in the castle than she is on Earth. I know you didn't get information out of him and that he escaped. We have to do something to keep Mel safe and out of danger."

"Rina you know that's impossible. There may be a solution to keep her safer, but there is no solution to always keeping her out of danger. Her life is more precious and fragile than we both know. And don't forget, she handles the stress well."

"I know, I can't help but to worry about her all the time. One day we're going to be gone and she will have no one to guide her with being a queen. Knowing her she wouldn't be able to handle all of that on her own. And her destiny..."

"Rina you worry too much. Think of all the predictions you've made about her life and how different the results were. She'll do fine in life and succeed us well." I pick her up and lift the blanket. She smiles as I lay her on the bed and join her. We lay in a comfortable silence, cuddling each other.

"Do you think Mel is lonely being the only child?" Rina suddenly asks.

"I don't know. What brought on that question?" I ask curiously.

"The thought that I love children."

"Are you suggesting we have another baby?" I ask quizzically. Before she even says it I know what she's thinking.

"I don't know. Maybe..." I chuckle.

"How about we leave that talk for another day."
.
..
...
A/N: Just another filler, but you know what to expect in the near future 😉😉