Trouble

A/N

Sorry guys, I wrote this chapter and it took a lot of time because half of it got deleted. Anyways, here's the chapter for this week!

The rapping on the door calls my attention.

"Come in." Laura walks in to the room. "Oh it's time already?" I ask, hesitant to leave the book I was just reading.

"Yes your Highness." I get up and follow Laura to the dining hall. "Can you teach me how to use my vampire speed?" I ask Laura hopefully. 

"You'll get all the training you need tomorrow," Laura says calmly. 

"So... do I still have to go to school?" I ask, hoping for her to say no.

"Yes you will. You need to finish high school. Getting an education is very important, especially for a Princess." I groan internally, knowing she's right. "So does that mean all the kids and teens here go to school on Earth?"

"Yes," she says with a knowing expression. I'm excited just to hear her say that. 'I have a lot to catch up in school'. I groan just thinking about it. We walk downstairs in silence. I walk over to sit on the seat my friends saved for me. It seems like everyone's here today.

"I heard we're going to learn how to use our powers," Ethan says excitedly.

" Yeah I can't wait," I say with the same level of excitement. The chefs arrive and set the food on silver platters, on the table. I notice that mom's not here and get an idea to practice my mind-speak. 'Where are you?'

'Don't worry honey, I'm at work right now. Laura will help you with anything you need.'

'Ok'

'Bye honey'

'Bye'

"Hello, earth to Mel," Ethan whispers into my ear. 

"Oh sorry, I was just talking to my mom," I say embarrassed, and the flushing of my cheeks does not help.

"We were just talking about how life is at home... Earth home," he says. 

"Oh, life is the same...besides the castle and mythical creatures," I say with humour in my voice.

"There are werewolves living on Earth too, I've heard," my aunt(I think) says. This shocked me. I didn't know werewolves existed. My aunt sees my expression and says, "Don't worry, with all the bodyguards you have I don't think anyone will lay a finger on you." 

I finish my lunch and excuse myself to my room. Laura comes along as usual. "Laura I'm tired of walking up the stairs. Teach me how to use my vampire speed," I said pleadingly. I give her the puppy dog eyes that is even hard for my mother to resist. After a few excruciating seconds, she finally gives in.

"Oh all right, but you have to vouch for me if you get injured. Close your eyes and picture yourself running as fast as a cheetah. Don't let any other thoughts distract you. Once you master the skill you won't even give it a second thought when you need to do it." I close my eyes and do exactly what she said. I can tell it's working because I can feel air rushing past me. I open my eyes and scream as I realize I'm going to slam into a wall. Laura appears right in front of  me, abruptly stopping me from toppling over in the process.. "OH MY GOSH I COULD HAVE DIED!" I scream. In a flash the bodyguards appear, surrounding me as if there's danger. I feel bad for making them drop whatever they're doing as if I was in danger.

"Guys I'm so sorry I'm not in any danger...Just over-reacted a bit," I say while still catching my breath. They hesitantly release the tension they've been holding, and one steps up(I'm guessing the head bodyguard) and says with a chastising, "Princess you've got to control your voice. If you scream like that we have no choice, but to expect the worse." I look down guiltily and with shame.