The Devil Part 2

The bell rings before I even finish my lunch. We split up to go to class. Jared comes with me to Health. He totally sucks at the class to be honest. I guess he doesn't care much for it.

This week we're getting certified to do CPR and AED, even though half the class already did the year before.

"Jared you're going to demonstrate for us the steps to doing CPR on an infant," the teacher says. The whole class groans, knowing he's not exactly a good choice for the demonstration, the teacher just did it on purpose. For once in my life I'm going to actually help him whether he wants it or not.

'I'm helping you just this once'.

'Really? Thank god I was going to make a fool of myself'

'Yeah yeah you owe me. Go up to the front and kneel in front of the dummy.' He follows my directions and looks at the dummy, not sure what to do next.

'Repeat after me. Step one is to shout and rub the baby's chest to apply a painful stimuli' 

'Step two: if the baby doesn't respond call emergency and commence CPR.'  He follows my instructions like he's on autopilot. Once he's done the whole class starts clapping, amazed at how accurate Jared was for once. He beams at me a tells everyone, "You should thank Mel, not me." I inwardly groan. Everyone looks at me.

"I helped him study," I say as if it's the most obvious thing ever and they're accusing me of something. They turn back to the teacher, waiting for his comment.

"Wow Jared I'm amazed. Keep that knowledge in your head at least until the test ok?" Jared groans out loud at that. He looks at me hopefully, but I shake my head.

'I'm NOT helping you cheat.'

The bell rings again, signaling the end of class.

"You are NOT telling anyone about this ok?" I ask Jared sternly, purposely using my command voice. I don't like to use it, but knowing Jared, he might let it slip in a conversation.

He stiffens accepts the command, "Yes, Princess." 'Great I made him a robot' Now I feel bad.

"Look, sorry I had to do that. I-

"Sorry to do what?" April asks and steps in line, walking with us to the only class we all have together.

"Nothing," I say a little too quickly. She doesn't buy my lie. She never does. I earn a hurt look from her which automatically makes me guilty.

'I'll tell you after school' Her mood goes from hurt to happy. We enter the class and I head straight for my usual seat. The late bell rings and a group of vampires walk in, The devil sticking out like a model among the group.

'This is the worst thing to happen in my life,' I mind-link my group. I glare at her while muttering substitute curse words under my breath. I'm pretty sure the devil heard it.

'Im dropping out of this class'

'You can't it's required remember?' Mariana comments.

'Riiiiiigggghhhhhht. Guess there's no escaping from hell this time.' Jared snickers at my comment. I give him a death glare and he frowns, realizing I'm serious. Like, who knew I would end up hating a Princess? I knew!

"Let's get started," the teacher announces. Who else here hates World History? I do!

"We have a few new students." No dip Sherlock.

"Please come up to the front and introduce yourselves." Her group gets up and walk to the front, Celeste acting like she's on a runway. This is no frickin' runway.