Moving Out

Brunette's POV

"Well I'm willing to take that chance, I carry out the orders of my mate after all," I say. Suddenly we both sense that someone is eavesdropping. we both quickly walk out of the room and follow their trail as they walk into the room. Jack walks out in front of me and shoves open the door. He takes out his gun and points it straight at the royal's face. Damn. 'We shouldn't have had to kill her this soon'. I can see the fear in her eyes as she screams. I feel a smirk creep up my lips. I gasp as I see her body engulfs in a crystal-like brightness too bright to look into. She and her friend disappear before I can even process what is happening.

"What the hell!" I scream as Jack gets up with a furious look on his face, "You never told me she has hidden powers. I wouldn't have signed up for this if I had known" Before he could say anything we hear many footsteps coming towards this German classroom.

"We have to leave!" Jack says panicked. We frantically rush out of the room and go out the back door out of the school. We shift and run into the woods. We don't stop until we reach our pack grounds.

April's POV

Mel screams as the muscular man points the gun at her. She grips me tightly, but I don't say a word because I'm frozen with fear. Suddenly Mel starts to shine brightly and the brunette and I have a shocked look on our faces. I tremble, waiting for death to come. It never did.

We then suddenly drop into Mel's bedroom. Mel tries to get up, but can't. I feel dizzy, but get up anyway. I see Mel's eyes close slowly and start yelling her name in hopes that it will keep her awake. I quickly take off my backpack and take her's off her back. I look through the pockets and finally find her phone. Good thing I know her password or I wouldn't be able to find her mom's cell number. I search through her contacts and finally see her mom's cell number. I tap her number and the phone automatically rings.

"Melody?" Ms. Lance asks confused and panicked.

"Mel's not responding," I sob through Mel's phone.

"April? Where are you?" She demands. I could hear the authority in her voice and automatically tell her.

"At your house, in Mel's bedroom."

"OK stay there. There's going to be some vampire guards in the house so don't panic. I'll be there in five," Ms. Lance says sternly.

"OK," I answer, still sobbing. A minute later, about ten guards rush into Mel's bedroom. One of them picks her up and lays her gently on her bed. I gape at how many guards there is. Some guards was an understatement. Three of them open the window and jump outside. I gasp at their sudden action and rush over to the window to see if they're ok. They're already standing outside watching the woods. For what, I don't know.

"Tell me what happened," a masculine voice said behind me. I jump at the sudden voice and turn around slowly. Once I fully faced him, I explained everything that happened from the beginning of eavesdropping on the conversation, to now. Right on time when I finished explaining, Ms. Lance slams the door into the wall and comes rushing into the bedroom. The men immediately stood at attention and looked down in respect. She rushes over and starts crying while hugging Mel closely as if she was going to lose her. She examines her body, probably looking for bruises.

Marina Lance's POV

I had a feeling something was wrong. I knew I had to get home fast, I knew something was going on. I got a call from Mel and immediately panicked.

"Melody?" I answered accidentally showing the panic in my voice.

"Mel's not responding," April sobs through the phone. I immediately enter authority mode and demand her where they are. April tells me they are at home in Mel's bedroom. I tell her I'm sending guards and that she should stay put. April answers, "ok" as she sobs. I mind link the ten best guards in my kingdom and tell them what happened. I drive like a mad woman and finally reach the house. I use my vampire speed and slam her door open, not caring how much damage I caused. I rushed over to Mel and started crying while holding her closely to me. When I finally calm down, I wipe away my years and suddenly feel embarrassed. The guards know not to say a word because if they do, they'll just end up in the dungeon, rotting until they die with no blood. Suddenly, Mel's eyes start to open slowly. I smile as I see that she's still alive.

"What happened?" she asks with a confused look.

"You don't remember?" I ask with concern.

"Why am I laying down? and why are there a lot of men in my room? Why were you two crying?" she bombards us with questions.

"Whoa whoa, calm down," I soothe her.

"April, tell us what happened," I say making sure to not use my authority voice. It's too commanding and I should be using it for emergencies only.

April explains to both of us what happened and Mel gasps in shock while I automatically know what's going on.

"Mom?" Mel asks, knowing that I know what she's asking. I tell the guards to leave the room and they respectfully do as I say. Knowing that April will keep this secret, I let her stay in the room. I finally tell them what I've been hiding. Mel gasps in shock and starts sobbing. I yet again hold her tight against me as she sobs. April is staring at both of us, silently letting tears fall down her face. "I understand," Mel says. I gasp.

"You do?"

"Yes, I'm mad that you didn't tell me sooner but I understand why you did what you did."

"I'm sorry for lying to you. It really hurt to lie and I knew you would find out eventually. Now it is definitely not safe since you accidentally showed one of your abilities. We all have to move out tonight. The others have finished packing their houses and will meet us here to help us finish packing."

"OK," Mel and April say at the same time. Mel tries to get up, but I push her back down, careful to not use my vampire strength on her vulnerable body.

"Nope, you're not getting up until you get enough rest. I can tell you that being a half-vampire can sometimes be hard, so get some rest. We'll pack up the rest of your stuff." I say with sweetness in my voice.

"OK don't forget my stuff from school," Mel says through mid-yawn.

"I won't," I say slightly chuckling. April and I exit the room and April heads downstairs. I turn to the guards and tell them to watch over Mel, without my commanding voice. They immediately understand and surround her room, even through outside. I walk downstairs satisfied.