Happy Birthday!

Melody's POV

.

.

.

"Melody honey?"

"Dad?" I ask confused.

"Yes, it's me"

"Where are you? We miss you," I say.

"I'm afraid I'm unable to," he says. I blink back the tears that are about to fall.

"How are you in my dream?"

"I was able to reach you and the only way to do that right now is to come to you in your dream, but that's not important."

"What is our species dad?" I ask curiously. It feels weird to speak of my kind as a species.

"I don't know honey, we're the first of our kind that I know of." I frown, not satisfied with the answer.

"Why can't I see you?" I ask him, trying not to look at the same sparkling light I turned into when escaping.

"I'm stuck in this state. I don't know what's happening to me. I keep teleporting to many places without control."

'Teleporting... so that's what I did'

"Honey, it's time for you to wake up. I can't explain everything right now, but I'll explain when I get the chance to see you again."

"I'll be waiting" I say as he slowly disappears from my sight.

I bolt up from my sleep, sweating.

'Was that a dream?' I shake my head and look around my room. A dress on the bedside table catching my eyes. I get up off my bed and walk over to the table curiously. I see a note on the dress and pick it up.

Wear this. I pick up the dress and right away I fall in love with it. It is purple(my favorite color) and has capped sleeves with a 3D flower pattern on the right side from the hip to the top. The dress flows down, touching the floor. Modest, my kind of thing.

"It's beautiful," I say to no one in particular. I look over at the time and see that it's already 7.

'Where's the bathroom?' I walk around the room, searching for a door that might lead to the bathroom. Finally, I see one right next to the laundry chute.

'Seems right' I open the door and see a huge bathroom. It looks like the one at home, except there's more space. I notice all my things are already placed where they belong.

'Who did this? I should thank them later' I look back at my room and see that all the boxes are missing. 'I guess I don't have to unpack,' I think to myself happily. I walk into the bathroom and start the same daily routine I have at my old home. I never put on makeup, it's like putting on a mask(no offense to readers). I curl my hair loosely and head towards my dress. I swiftly put it on. It fits me perfectly. I smile and walk over to my mirror next to the bedside table. Wow, I look beautiful. Something blue catches my eyes and I look down next to the mirror. I see a breathtaking royal blue 1-in. heels. Thank god they're 1-inch because, I just can't. I slip them on and admire my new outfit. I look over at the clock. 7:45. I walk over to my door and open it, peeking out to see if Laura's there. She is. I step out of the room and say hi to her.

"Good morning Princess," she says, smiling with a hint of secrecy.

"Why are you smiling like that?"