Buck (Chapter 32)

I got home and Bucky, Steve, and I walked into the living room and I saw my dad standing there.
"Hey butterfly..." he immediately changed what he saying, "WHAT HAPPENED?! WHY IS THERE BLOOD ON YOUR CLOTHES?! STEVE?! BUCKY?!?! WHAAAAT HAPPENED?!" He yelled
"Dad..." I was cut off
"It was nothing" Bucky stated with a straight face, "it's red food coloring"
My dad got a suspicious look on his face.
"One second" I laughed nervously and grabbed Bucky a metal arm and pulled him into a soundproof conference room my dad made for avenger meetings.
"BUCKY" I yelled
"what?! I'm covering for us!!! He'd freak if he found out I almost let you get killed!!"
"It wasn't your fault Buck!!"
"Just stop (y/n)"
"Why?! It wasn't your fault!!"
"Yes it was!! If Tony knows you could've died because of me he'd kill me then you and then himself from regret of it all!!!"
"IT WASNT YOUR FAULT!!!"
"YES IT WAS!!! Just give it a rest"
"I don't want to lie to him Bucky last time I did that I was grounded."
Bucky then walked out of the room. The reason I was so upset wasn't because I haaaaated lying to my dad but now it was convincing Bucky it wasn't his fault. He's convinced it was and yea the murder came because of Buck but it's not his fault. I looked out the glass walls and saw Bucky storm past my dad and Steve and then Steve and my dad look at eachother and then at me.
"Jarvis? Tint the windows" I said
The windows turned dark and then I just sat at the table and thought about the day, I thought about almost being killed, I thought about killing that man, I thought about my discussion with Bucky, I thought about the horrified look on my dads face when he saw my bloody clothes. I just put my head in my hands to take a moment for myself.
What Bucky said really hit me, he's been through a lot but he never talks about it to us. Seeing the look of regret and distraught spread across his face as he told me it was his fault hurt. With all he'd been through he's the avenger I always go out of my way to make sure he's ok. Of course I make sure the others are ok but I still go out of my way to make sure he's ok. When Bucky first became an avenger and was ready to go in missions he'd watch me when Steve was gone and he became like another father to me. A few times I had heard Bucky say a few things to Steve about his past as The Winter Soldier, but it was never too much because Buck is a very reserved man but I never understood when I was really little but now I understand and it sucks to know he had to go through that.