Hydra Base&Peter (Chapter 36)

I woke up to the smell of bacon swimming through the plane. I rubbed my eyes and saw stars and tried to blink them away. I looked and saw my dad cooking in the kitchenette making waffles and bacon for the avengers before the mission.
"Hey pops" I said and patted him on the back as I reached for a piece of bacon.
"Hey put that bacon down!" He said
"Nooope" I replied while laughing and then put the entire bacon into my mouth.
"Bacon stealer, go wake the avengers" he said
I walked over and woke each one. Clint may or may not have slapped me in the face because I startled him and Thor just complained and Steve jumped up ready to go almost like he already drank two cups of coffee. We all sat and ate breakfast while discussing final details of the mission.

We all cleaned up our cheap plates and I took one last swig of coffee before tapping my ring so my suit surrounded me.
"Ready kiddo?" My dad asked into the coms
"Yea I think so lmao" I replied
We all launched into the air while the others ran since they couldn't fly. I was dodging trees and I felt my body begin to sweat from nervousness.
"(Y/n) watch ou.." My dad said and then was caught off by me straight up running into a tree because I wasn't paying attention.
"Shit" I said and sat on the ground from the fall after hitting the tree. The avengers all ran up to me as my dad lowered to the ground and they all helped me up and whatnot.

"You guys ready?" Nat asked
"It's now or never" Steve replied.
Steve, Nat, Bucky, and I all snuck around the building to a secret entrance the Hydra didn't know that we knew about, it was only really used by janitors so we wouldn't be cause also because the tunnels are so old that's there's no security camera.
Clink clink clink clink clink-the sound of my boots hitting the ground with each step I took, Nat Steve and Bucky walked behind me because if someone shot a gun I wouldn't affect my suit. Something didn't sound right, you could hear the water droplets hit the floor but this was something else. A man in a red and black body suit whipped around the counter of a corridor and shot his gun at us.
"Nat! Take him out! Bucky go down that corridor behind us! (Y/n)! Continue to cover us and I'll contact Bruce to give us updates!" Steve yelled. Nat took out the man and ran down the hall to take out more men, I watched to make sure no one took out Steve while Bucky went to search for Peter.
"Come on let's go" Steve instructed
"But-but what about Bucky and Nat?" I asked
"We'll meet up with them" he responded and we continued walking. We took out a few villains while searching and kept as quiet as possible.
"If peters there then he's in that hallway on your right all the way at the end of the hall. There should be a steel door, the actual room isn't reading on the scanner so he'd most likely be kept in there." Bruce said into coms.
"Let's go!!" I said and grabbed Steve arm to start running but he was frozen
"Somethings not right..." Steve trailed off
"What?" I laughed
Before another word could be said Steve shoved me and BANG I slammed into the wall causing concrete pieces to fall around me from the impact. Steve wasn't far from me and I could hear beeping, Steve jumped up and then fell into the ground in a fetal position. BAM an explosion went off and smoke surrounded both of us. I took my helmet off and jumped up and walked over to a tiny crater that was just put into the concrete hallways floor.
"STEVE!!!" I yelled and dropped to my knees.
"I'm alright" Steve replied and stepped out of the hole.
"How'd you..." I started
"I could smell a faint trace of it and we must've hooked a wire or something and then it was about to fall on top of you." He replied, "alright let's go get your Peter" he laughed and patted me on the back.
"He's not HER Peter" my dad said into coms
We both rolled our eyes and started walking down the hallway. I could feel the excitement bubbling inside of me. I could feel it that he's here with us right now, on the other side of that door.
"He's here!! He's here I can feel it guys!!!" I yelled into coms. I took off and shot the door down. The huge chairs back was facing me. "PETER" I cried happily and ran to the chair. I could see a tuft of his hair over the back of the chair. I ran around it to see a smiling but tired face.
It wasn't Peter.
The man was about 20 years old and wore a hydra uniform.
"Welcome (y/n)," he said and stood up, "we were expecting you, glad to see you liked my little trick."
Without hesitation I pulled out a pistol and shot him and he fell down and hit the chair and then the floor.
"(Y/N)!!!" Steve yelled and saw what just happened.
I dropped to my knees and cried into my hands. Steve stepped out of the room and I could hear him in coms telling everyone what's going on and then I reached up and took off my helmet and chucked it across the room. I held my head in my hands and silently cried in the quiet concrete room...by myself.