Chapter 8: Escaping S.H.I.E.L.D

Steve's P.O.V

After my meeting with Pierce I headed for the elevator so I could catch up to Y/N. Once the elevator showed up I got in and headed down to the garage.

The elevator the stopped and Rumlow and a few S.T.R.I.K.E squad members got into the elevator with me

Rumlow: Forensics.

Computer: Confirmed.

Rumlow: Cap.

I turned around.

Steve: Rumlow.

After a few more minutes more and more S.H.I.E.L.D agents/workers got into the elevator and I had a bad feeling about it as a couple of the S.T.R.I.K.E member's held the shock batons a little too tight.

Steve: So, before we get started. Does anyone wanna get out?

And as if on que the S.T.R.I.K.E memeber infront of me attacked. After stopping the elevator everyone within it grabbed me and try to use magnets to attach me to the metal in the elevator.

After struggling for a few seconds I managed to take a majority of them down, leaving just Rumlow and I.

Rumlow: Whoa. Easy Big guy. I just want you to know Cap, this isn't personal!

He then attacked me with two shock batons, hit me a couple of times before I picked him up and threw him up to the roof of the elevator knocking him out cold.

Steve: Well it kind of feels personal.

After kicking up my shield into my hand and breaking the magnet off I open the elevator door to see a squad of S.T.R.I.K.E in front of me.

S.T.R.I.K.E Squad Member: Drop the shield and put your hands in the air.

I then use my shield to break the elevator cables to send flying downwards. Once the elevator stops I open up the doors to see another squad of S.T.R.I.K.E coming towards me. I close the door and look down below and decide to risk jumping instead of being taken in.

S.T.R.I.K.E Squad Member: Give it up Rogers! Get that door open.

I then jump through the window and landed on the ground below not before breaking through a lot of glass that is.

When I get off the ground I realise that S.H.I.E.L.D is gonna try to lock down the bridge to stop me from escaping. So I run to the garage to meet up with Y/N.

Y/N's P.O.V

Whilst waiting by Steve's bike in my stealth suit I hear a lot of screaming and glass smashing, but before I can check it out I see Steve running around the corner.

Y/N: Cap, what happened? Are you okay?

Steve quickly jumped on his bike.

Steve: Yeah I'm okay, but we've got to go now.

Y/N: Okay, let's go.

I then jump on the back of his bike.

As we head out of the garage we see that S.H.I.E.L.D is trying to stop us from escaping by locking the bridge down. We manage to get on the bridge before the doors close. As we make our way across I notice they have put road spikes up.

We the see a quinjet fly in front of us.

Pilot: Captain Rogers, Scarlet Spider stand down. I repeat stand down.

The quinjet then fires at us. So Steve and I jump off the bike and use the combination of his shield and my we shooters to take the quinjet down. Before the jet goes down we manage to jump of the back off it.

Once we escaped from S.H.I.E.L.D we realised that we are now fugitives and that we have to watch each others back if we were gonna get the the bottom of all of this as we are know two of the most wanted people in Washington D.C.

(A/N: I just wanted say that I don't know what that shock batons are actually call so I went with that for the name of them. But if anyone does know the name for them, then feel free to let me know)