Chapter 11: Getting Some Answers

Y/N's P.O.V

Once I woke up from my nap I realised the car had stopped.

Y/N: So we're finally here?

Mum looks back at me.

Natasha: Looks like it.

Mum, Steve and I got out of the car to find a fenced of military base used during WW2 called Camp Lehigh.

Natasha: This is where the file came from this location.

Steve: So did I.

I then walk over to the gate and use my enhanced strength to ripped off the chains.

Once inside the camp we looked around and, mum was using a device to pick up any electronic devices.

Steve: I was trained at this camp.

Y/N: Has it changed much?

Steve: A little.

Natasha: Well this a dead-end. There no heat signatures, no waves. Hell there's not even radio waves.

Mum and I both notice Steve look over at one of the buildings.

Natasha: What is it?

The three of us then walk over to said building.

Steve: Army regulations fobid any ammunition being stored five hundred yards beyond the barracks. That means this building is in the wrong place.

Steve then uses his shield to break the lock on the door.

We walk down the stairs and found the base of operations for the original S.H.I.E.L.D that was founded after WW2.

I was shocked by all of this.

Y/N: This is S.H.I.E.L.D?

Steve: Maybe where it started.

We then went into a room that had framed photos of the founding memebers of S.H.I.E.L.D. Including Tony Stark's father.

Natasha: Stark's father.

Steve: Howard.

I noticed a woman in one of the photo frames. I then looked to Steve.

Y/N: Who's the girl?

Steve looks at the picture for a minute then ignores the question.

As we moved on Steve noticed that there was a secret door.

Steve: If your already working in a secret office.

Steve then pulled the door open.

Steve: Then why hide the elevator.

Y/N: Dude, it's S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm surprised there isn't three doors before this elevator.

Mum laughed at my attempt of a joke.

Mum then used the device she was carrying to get the pass code for the elevator.

After riding the elevator down we found ourselves inside a room filled with old school tech and computers.

Natasha: This tech is ancient. How could the file have come from here?

I then see a USB port.

Y/N: Not all of it.

I take the drive from mum and plug it in.

All of the lights, equipment and the computer screen infront of us turned on with the words "Initiate System?"

I then cautiously walk up to the keyboard and type in the commands.

Y/N: Y-E-S. Yes.

In that moment I realised that this reminded me of a movie.

Y/N: (In a creepy voice) Shall we play a game.

Mum laugh at the movie reference. I then turned to Steve to explain.

Y/N: It's from a movie.

Steve: Yeah I know, I saw it.

I nodded in response.

We then notice the camera on top of the computer move to look at Steve and, that there some sort of computer recording playing.

???: Rogers, Steven. Born 1918. Romanoff, Natalia Alianovna. Born 1978. Romanoff, Y/N Y/M/N James. Born 1998.

(A/N: So I know in the movie Natasha was born in 1984. But I changed that because as the reader in this story was born in 1998 I want to make Natasha so she would be of age for the reader to be conceived. I also realised if she was born in 1984 and the reader was born in 1998, Natasha would be 14-15 yrs old.)

Natasha: It must some sort of recording.

???: I'm not a recording. I may not be the man I once was when the captain took me prisoner in 1945, but I am.

We then saw a picture of Arnim Zola. I looked at Steve slightly confused by all of this.

Y/N: You know this thing?

Steve: Arnim Zola was a Germany scientist who worked for the Red Skull. He's been dead for years.

Zola: First of all. I am Swiss. Second of all. Look around you, I have never been more alive. In 1972 I received a terrible diagnosis. Sciene couldn't save my body, but my mind was too valuable to be lost. You are standing within my brain.

Zola then went on to explain that he was hired by S.H.I.E.L.D after WW2. But he started growing HYDRA within S.H.I.E.L.D for seventy years and, if anyone got in HYDRA's way they used the Winter Soldier to change the course of history. We also learned that Steve essential sacrificed himself for no reason. After finding this Steve's anger took over and he punched the screen.

Zola then appears on the other screen.

Zola: As I was saying.

Steve looked over at the screen.

Steve: What's on this drive?

Zola: Project Insight, requires insight, so I wrote an algorithm.

Mum and I then looked at the screen.

Y/N: What kind of algorithm? What does it do?

Zola: The answer to you questions is fascinating young one, but it appears you will to be dead to find out.

Just the the doors start to close. Steve tries to stop with his shield bit it doesn't work.

Natasha: Boys, we've got a bogey incoming. Short-range, ballistic. 30 seconds tops.

Steve: Who fired it?

Natasha: S.H.I.E.L.D.

Zola: I am afraid I have being stalling captain.

I pulled the USB out of the port just incase we needed it.

Steve then goes over to a panel on the floor and rips it off. The three of us get down into it before the building explodes. I use my web shooters to cover up the hole to stop debris, whilst Cap uses his shield to cover us.

I must of briefly blacked out because when I came to I saw my mum was knocked out and I heard Steve grunting trying to move debris out of the way. I get up to help him.

Once we've moved it all Steve goes to pick up my mum and we come out of what's left of the building.

Steve: Come on, let's get out of here.

So we manage to escape from S.H.I.E.L.D again. Now we just need to find a place to lay low.